For our Liberal friends...

DwayneEMTP

Lone Star, if you've lived a PERFECT life; then you should be offended. If your offended? I'm sorry.

I'm pretty good but I've contributed to make the human race bad. I drive to work (that helps the environment). I've litter before; which helps. I've smoked in my earlier years; that helped a lot. I've mixed the garbage with recycles before; that's helpful. So I've done a lot to hurt the world. Guess I can't asked you. Since you're a perfect human being... We are all guilty... Some more than others...

Your last response has me puzzled. Just how does your ‘environmental transgressions’ and ‘personal health sins’ equate to the issues created by corporate greed and a government so far out of touch with the needs of the populace?

How will separating glass from plastic and paper suddenly and magically create a utopia where the unemployment rate is decreased by even a fraction of what it is today? Maybe it will mysteriously allow the millions of uninsured people to suddenly be able to afford the premiums…

How does smoking in your earlier years suddenly degrade the levels of education? How did your throwing a candy bar wrapper out of the window of your car have any effect on the economic crisis that’s being blamed on the mortgage companies? How did it have any effect on illegal immigration?

How does any of your ‘contributing factors’ are responsible for leading all the politicians astray and getting arrested? Did your not throwing McDonald’s wrappers in the proper receptacle provide enough of a ‘ripple effect’ that led Tom DeLay to engage in money laundering?

Did your smoking a pack of Marlboros have some hidden cause for all of the jobs lost to overseas workers? Or did it cause the upturn in people losing their houses? Maybe it had an effect on getting a President elected that has done nothing but throw us deeper in debt….

You offered the explanation by counting your personal ‘contributions’, now you get to explain how they’re even remotely connected…..

He who dies with the largest carbon footprint - Wins!!!!!! since we're talking about the environment now.

I just want to know what cut the environment is getting from all the revenue generated by purchasing 'carbon offsets'...... :unsure::blink::search:

I just want to know what cut the environment is getting from all the revenue generated by purchasing 'carbon offsets'...... :unsure::blink::search:

I don't know about the government per se, but thanks to those carbon credits, I think Al Gore and his buddies can probably now buy a fleet of private jets to flaunt their carbon footprints...

I don't know about the government per se, but thanks to those carbon credits, I think Al Gore and his buddies can probably now buy a fleet of private jets to flaunt their carbon footprints...

It all goes back to Al Gore. That is why he can chastise all of us out there for not being green yet he can have all the carbon use he wants.

I remember a news story a while back with the lights out campaign. Remember that one, where everyone was supposed to turn off their lights for an hour or so, and Al Gore was the main spokesperson promoting it?

Well a helicopter flew over The Casa de Gore mansion and showed that at that time period that everyone else was conserving, his house was lit up like the Rockefeller christmas tree on Christmas Eve.

Talk about hypocrisy in action

Edited by Ruffems

Wow. We've certainly gone off on a couple tangents here, but...

To the illegal immigrant issue-

I have a friend who is Puerto Rican. He was born here, but is fluent, and still has a lot of family back home that he visits regularly. We've spoken often about the illegal issue, and I mentioned how Puerto Rico has the best of both worlds. They enjoy all the benefits of being a US citizen, yet as a commonwealth, they retain some autonomy. He said that most people there NEVER want to become a US state. I liken this to the illegal situation. What is the impetus for immigrating through proper channels and becoming a citizen when you already get to enjoy all the benefits, yet do not need to accept full responsibility to become a legal citizen?

It's the old joke that confirmed bachelors used to say about living with a woman and never getting married- (no offense to the ladies here, it's just an old expression) If I already enjoy the milk, why do I need to buy the cow?

Wow. We've certainly gone off on a couple tangents here, but...

To the illegal immigrant issue-

It's the old joke that confirmed bachelors used to say about living with a woman and never getting married- (no offense to the ladies here, it's just an old expression) If I already enjoy the milk, why do I need to buy the cow?

And therein lies the heart of my observation!

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to be part of this country, then do it legally. If you can't, you get nothing!

There is no sense in handing over the keys to the kingdom to anyone and everyone that just 'shows up', especially when the citizens (legal and natural) of this country are having to do without.

i imagine if your parents or children lived in the squalor of mexico, you might have a different opinion. You are lucky you were born here.

As long as we're throwing out non sequitors...

If I was born a woman, I'd know what gender discrimination feels like, or if I was born in the jungles of the Amazon rain forest I'd probably never know what it's like to wear shoes.

Do you have a point to make?