Alabama Douche Bag...aka "Governor"

akflightmedic

A Jewish religious leader, some centuries ago, was confronted by a group of detractors, who challenged him to explain the Bible, while standin g on one foot. The leader told the man a basic, if simplified, principal of many religions, including the Jewish,

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

I am not going away from this one. For clarification sake I for one do not agree that our laws are based on the 10 commandments. That's just plain absurd. I agree with your premkise.

What I am in need of looking up was the three times moses went back to god to get what we call the 10 commandments. I know there were two times but I didn't know there was a third and I'm not sure to believe that.

It would be helpful to know the actual versions you used but that's not truly required. Andfor the record I have 8 different bible versions in my home so I have plenty of reference material to start with.

I too am out of the pocket for this week but will research and provide my results solmetime this evening. This is healthy debate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Why is he "wrong" for stating who he would rather associate with ? If I say in this forum that I will not associate with wife-beaters, drug dealers, and prostitutes, why am I wrong ? I am choosing not to associate with them in my free-time. I am not refusing to treat them as patients, and I am not threatening to kill them for not believing like I do. The Governor has not said that any harm or change will come to non-christians, he just said you cant be my close friend.

The American system of law is based on the English (as in England) Common Law system and the Roman Civil Law system. The Common Law system allowed judges or groups to decide law based on previous court judgements and their opinion of fairness, which obviously means that decisions were based on their MORAL judgement. You can read about all of these (comparison and contrast) here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law

Edited by crotchitymedic1986

I am not going away from this one. For clarification sake I for one do not agree that our laws are based on the 10 commandments. That's just plain absurd. I agree with your premise.

What I am in need of looking up was the three times moses went back to god to get what we call the 10 commandments. I know there were two times but I didn't know there was a third and I'm not sure to believe that.

It would be helpful to know the actual versions you used but that's not truly required. Andfor the record I have 8 different bible versions in my home so I have plenty of reference material to start with.

I too am out of the pocket for this week but will research and provide my results solmetime this evening. This is healthy debate.

Dear crotch: He is wrong because in theory he is supposed to represent ALL of the good people of Alabama, the sticky part is trying to keep all of the people happy all of the time while filling his pockets and getting kickbacks in some way shape or form.

cheers

It is his job to represent the citizens of alabama, it is not his job to be their friend or to socialize with people he does not approve of. Just as the leader of your service has the responsibility to represent all of your employees and treat each fairly; he/she does not have to socialize with any of you, or be friends with any of you. The Governor has to represent the murderers on death row in his state, he does not have to befriend them, or like them.

• Like 1

Tnuiqs, why quote me yet address crotchity"

Would you accept some mild confusion, (my head may explode with AK last post)as he has challenged / shattered some preconceived notions I had.

A poor attempt the little multi quote thingy.

Hitting send before proof reading the origional post ... and my own post.

This because I got called to a CP.

This is my story and I am sticking to it :innocent:

cheers

Yes I would accept the mild confusion.

I also have questions about AKs info, I am researching the three times getting the commandments as I only know of the two times he got them. I'm not finding any reference to the third.

It is his job to represent the citizens of alabama, it is not his job to be their friend or to socialize with people he does not approve of. Just as the leader of your service has the responsibility to represent all of your employees and treat each fairly; he/she does not have to socialize with any of you, or be friends with any of you. The Governor has to represent the murderers on death row in his state, he does not have to befriend them, or like them.

So if the Grand Wizard of the KKK was elected to the governor's mansion in your state, would you be as magnanimous in your support of his ability to be a fair and effective leader for every citizen of your state?

So if the Grand Wizard of the KKK was elected to the governor's mansion in your state, would you be as magnanimous in your support of his ability to be a fair and effective leader for every citizen of your state?

Yes I would. If the majority of any state or municipality looked across the field and chose a member of the KKK as the best choice to represent them, who am I to argue. I wouln't move there !