Alabama Douche Bag...aka "Governor"

akflightmedic

Yeah, man...No doubt that that is a poor way to go, but you know, he may have already gotten himself reelected next term.

It's a world gone crazy. We're fighting the 'war on terror' against religions around the world while all the time proclaiming freedom of religion, and from religion, in our country despite the fact that religion still runs our country.

It will be interesting to see how far the Anti defamation league is willing to go with this. I believe they should go all the way.

Dwayne

• Like 1

I have no problem with his belief structure and his christian beliefs.

I do have a issue with the way he delivered his message. Probably not the most political or personable way to get his message across but I do not have a issue with his belief structure.

I also don't think that people will think they will not get a fair shake from his government.

He can believe anything he wants privately but a political pulpit is not where religion belongs.

Edited by Ruffems

That's like someone wearing a mask, to get into office, then once it's a sure thing. He takes it off... I interpret Freedom of Religion as being free to, or to not, practice whatever you wish to.. I would have to say, that this may be a really unsafe period of time in our nation, for elected officials to speak out against people who have different beliefs. Just sayin'. Let me clarify, since we have a lot of uber over reactive noobs; that I certainly do not condone the bumping off of political officials. I'm big on words that have cause and effect, b/c I'm used to having mine read the wrong way. Everyone reads and sees differently; I read this and see him saying that he won't be your governor, unless you become a christian. Is that what he's saying? Jesus, I hope not. Might want to check his closet and see what color robes he has, too. Does it affect me? Nope, I have no reason to ever go to Alabama, good luck with that.

Edited by 4c6

That's like someone wearing a mask, to get into office, then once it's a sure thing. He takes it off... I interpret Freedom of Religion as being free to, or to not, practice whatever you wish to.. I would have to say, that this may be a really unsafe period of time in our nation, for elected officials to speak out against people who have different beliefs. Just sayin'. Let me clarify, since we have a lot of uber over reactive noobs; that I certainly do not condone the bumping off of political officials. I'm big on words that have cause and effect, b/c I'm used to having mine read the wrong way. Everyone reads and sees differently; I read this and see him saying that he won't be your governor, unless you become a christian. Is that what he's saying? Jesus, I hope not. Might want to check his closet and see what color robes he has, too. Does it affect me? Nope, I have no reason to ever go to Alabama, good luck with that.

Agreed 4c6 and you have officially been targeted (er I mean placed on the homeland security administrations watchlist).

I didn't read that he would not be their governor but I do not condone his message that he put out there publicly. I want him to have a strong faith but sweet jesus the way he said it, might want to discuss with his publicist and speech writer his speech styles.

There was a better way to word what he said.

And I also have no reason to go to Alabama so I'll be steering clear of there.

Have to say this is certainly not the best message to share when you want government working together and not putting their differences and views about 'other people' out there to cloud the political arena.

What his message said to me though is that he separates himself from the general population in a egocentric way. This of course is not something I would like to see in a leader of my country. With the different cultures and value/moral systems that make up the US, I would rather see someone in office who thinks we are basically the same because we all have a belly button than to have a separatist mentality because of their religious chip placed on their shoulder.

Conversely:

One must ask, if one is a *Christian.

Do you want to be a brother or sister to this new Governor ?

Is he sending a "hidden" message that you agree with or were these comments just a demonstration of his faith ?

He is from Alabama and not well known as a progressive state in your union.

* from one that believes that all organized religions are the root of evil. :innocent:

Matty's comment about his being egocentric got me to thinking...

According to the bible, (whichever flavor you choose will work here I think) even Jesus didn't deny his brotherhood with his neighbors based on their religious beliefs, did he?

Dwayne

According to the bible, (whichever flavor you choose will work here I think) even Jesus didn't deny his brotherhood with his neighbors based on their religious beliefs, did he?

Dwayne

I don't believe you are incorrect. Jesus taught love and acceptance.

This governor does not seem to teach this. He definately does not seem to be trying to be like jesus.

Dwayne

Ok not being very knowledgeable about this book you talk about but wasn't Jesus of Nazareth a Jewish Guy ?

So today if Jesus was the Governors neighbour he could not be his brother ? You have to love fundamentalist evangelicals.

It mentions about this guy Jesus in the Koran too, he sure get's a lot of free P. R. with the loaves of bread and wine thing, it was show stopper in the book I read.

The part about him the son of married virgin mother is a bit far fetched, although I had a girl in labour tell me the same thing once, then she was high on drugs.

cheers

update ... 35 minutes ago http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/19/alabama-governor-apologizes-controversial-mlk-speech/