Sell your virginity? Why not?

DwayneEMTP

Oh Dwayne, you KNEW I had to reply to this one!

I have a plan.....

http://www.revirgination.net/

For only about $9000 I could become a virgin again..... and then I could sell my virginity for $5 million.... that is a heck of a profit margin!

Hmmm...... and maybe in a couple of months, I could "re-invest".... what a retirement plan......

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

But see, I don't see where she was promised 5 mil, she just seems to be assuming that it will go that high!

And you're still a vigin at heart babe, just a virgin with skills... and that should be way more valuable in my opinion.. punk.gif

Dwayne

Why would anyone pay for something they can get any day on the street.

Besides She's not hot ,just barely warm. The kind of girl you take to granma's on christmas eve.

If she wants to join the oldest profession ;;;;;;; Who cares!

There are two ways to look at this.

1: She's empowering herself by attempting to benefit financially from her once-in-a-lifetime experience, and by doing this she is breaking free from the traditional molds of society where sexuality is either licit or illicit.

2: She's devaluing herself by commoditizing her sexuality, and is little better than any other whore who sells sex for financial benefit.

I'm halfway between the two. It's her body, and she has a right to do whatever she wants to with it, as long as she's found some way to make this "transaction" legal. But, I think she has not thought through the emotional and potential physical consequences of sexual interaction in this fashion. For example, is she planning to have her partner screened for STDs, or is she going to take the $5 mil HIV risk? I wonder how she feels about sex in general- the first time is usually not as enjoyable as subsequent times, and instead of finding a partner she connects with on the emotional/psychological level, she's going for a wallet. What if her partner is extremely unskilled, or hurts her intentionally? How will that affect her future sexual interactions?

She's worth more than her coochie... I hope she realizes that fact. I do think that putting yourself out as a sexual partner for financial gain does devalue you in some way... but how individual people react to that varies by the person. Also, why are we still perpetuating the idea in our modern society that virginity somehow denotes value? Why is having sex with someone who's never had sex before so important in a society that doesn't value the "first born" in nearly the same way that progeny were valued in the Middle Ages? I was a virgin before I had sex with my husband (but was not married to him at the time I lost my virginity), and he's the only man I've ever had sex with. That makes me an oddity, it seems, in our society... but I don't value my husband any less because he had a sexual past before meeting me...

No easy answers here.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Like 1

It IS essentially prostitution. She will accept money for a sex act. She's not looking for a boyfriend or a husband, just to lose her virginity.

That said-although I am as far from being a liberal as humanly possible, I still think it's her right. Like you said- her body, her choice.

I think this IS all about the money- despite what she claimed. If this was simply about "losing her cherry", why announce it to the world and accept money for it?

As to her claim she wants to change everyone's opinion about sex? That's a big steaming pile.

I also like the dad's reaction- it would be mine as well.

Herbie,

marriage is prostitution as well. Women know if they want something, they just have to give it up & they got it.

I think this is about more than a girl losing her virginity. I think it is sad when a person has to go to these lengths to educate themselves. So much for living in the first world.

Herbie,

marriage is prostitution as well. Women know if they want something, they just have to give it up & they got it.

Interesting thought process there.... are you implying that all women are whores, and all men are just guided by their penises? I'm not saying that is wrong, or a bad thing.... just wondering if we can dissect all man/woman interactions down to that basic a level.

Maybe that is what makes virginity such a commodity- the basic competitiveness of men - the "I got there first" mentality. Just a thought....

Interesting thought process there.... are you implying that all women are whores, and all men are just guided by their penises? I'm not saying that is wrong, or a bad thing.... just wondering if we can dissect all man/woman interactions down to that basic a level.

Maybe that is what makes virginity such a commodity- the basic competitiveness of men - the "I got there first" mentality. Just a thought....

In reality we can all be accused of prostitution, we sell ourselves everyday we go to work. But, i was refering to not all women, just those who manipulate to get what they want through sex. You tell me, & be honest Annie, only if you want to, have you ever used your sexuality to manipulate a situation? Isnt that the same thing?

Annie, Aussie, I love where this is going (as long as tempers stay low).

This is actually an issue me and my wife of 8yrs delt with in the past. It seems as though women are more or less taught that sex is leverage. It is always the man chasing it, and if he is a "good boy" he will get it.

IMO, couples do not put nearly enough emphasis on the correlation between a healthy sex life and a happy relationship. I think sex is commonly used as a tool of negotiation by women, not too often you hear of a man "punishing" his wifes behavior by refusing to have sex with her, but just watch TV for an hour and you will see just how common it is the other way around.

I feel a sexist accusation headed my way....

In reality we can all be accused of prostitution, we sell ourselves everyday we go to work. But, i was refering to not all women, just those who manipulate to get what they want through sex. You tell me, & be honest Annie, only if you want to, have you ever used your sexuality to manipulate a situation? Isnt that the same thing?

LOL - we are sidetracking this thread, but here goes....

Phil, in reply to your question of have I used my sexuality to manipulate a situation? I am sure I have, eve3n though I can't think of an exact example at the moment.... just as you have probably done so as well. Have you dressed a certain way, or when meeting with a woman, acted a certain way, knowing that those actions were a means to an end? Probably. I am well aware that I am not centerfold material, so I don't tend to think of using sexuality as a means of obtaining what I want. And, having worked in a male-dominated field for many years (being the only female commercial bank manager for many years in my region) I spent more than enough time just fighting for equality in pay for equal responsibilities. I didn't want anyone ever accusing me of getting where I was through sexual means.

I think it is unfair of accusing just women of being manipulative and using sex as a means to an end. I do see mobey's point though, of women tending to withhold sex as punishment - I can agree with that, that some women definitely do that. However, I do think that men also use it as a weapon, in other ways, and I am not talking violence against women. We can look at the "I won't give you a promotion unless you give me a blow job," situations, the "I want sex.... oh I'm done but you're not and I don't care" roll over and snore situations, and the boys in the bar betting on which one will get lucky first that night.

It is interesting how perception of sexuality differs between men and women. If a woman sleeps with a lot of guys, she is a slut, and that is considered damaging to her reputation... if a guy sleeps with a lot of women, those notches in his headboard are trophies that he and his friends can cheer about, and his reputation doesn't get damaged like hers does.

So, if we go back to the original video.... if it was a 21 year old guy who was going to sell his virginity, would we feel differently about it? Would that be ok?