COuncilman wants EMS to respond before police in violent incidents

emtannie

No comment on the subject, but a rebuttal to Dwayne; You recently posted this topic:

http://www.emtcity.c...-speech-or-not/

but you deny racism still exists ?

I've never in any way denied that. I've spent the last 4 months in southern LA, and I'm not blind. You simply believe that if I have a rebuttal to any single argument that you have that it makes me a racist because I'm white and you're black.

And again, there is no surprise that you have no comment on my last post as it makes you out to be a hater/hypocrite/bullshitter so you'll do what you always do...run away when the fights not easy for you any more. Not exactly a Malcolm or Martin Luther are you?

As I said before, I'd love to have this conversation with you when you grow up enough not to run away when it's difficult and mature enough to believe that there are actually other possibly correct opinions besides yours...

Dwayne

• Like 1

Wow I missed this one but here is my 2 cents worth.

Yes I am canadian and I live in a community that has a high racisum rate white and Haida. For one thing I do not ever tolerate racisum from the people I work with, play with or have raised. My 3 children have gone to school here from kindergarden to graduation. So you know I have 2 white children and one who is a status indian. Through out the school years my boys would complain about those dam indians (even the indian did this) So this is what I told them "If you dont like someone because they are an as shole then don't like them because they are an as shole not because they are black, green or purple.

Crotchity you really should stop poking the bear on the racisum it is not very becomming of you. The reason that racisum hasn't gone away for you is because you havn't let it, and until YOU let it go it will eat you up and spit you out in one big greeny.

So after years of watching you bash everyone who posts here I will be glad to tell you this "I dont like you because you are an as hole not because your black" I didnt even know you were black before I started to dislike you.

There I've given my 2 cents worth and in the states it's only worth 1.92 cents

• Like 2

.......... me a racist because I'm white and you're black.

Dwayne

I'm not sold on that BTW.

I amswer with a very strong YES! I do believe rasicm still exists.

There is a tremendous amount locally against First nations people, however the most apparent racism has to be found in the commedy clubs or watching standup comedy on T.V. No one exposes race differentials quite like comedians.

I'm not sold on that BTW.

I amswer with a very strong YES! I do believe rasicm still exists.

There is a tremendous amount locally against First nations people, however the most apparent racism has to be found in the commedy clubs or watching standup comedy on T.V. No one exposes race differentials quite like comedians.

Not sold on what?

Dwayne

OK I would like to point out one more thing on this topic. I have lived in this community for 27 years, when I first came here with my ex military husband we were told not to ever walk the streets alone as the Indians with beat you with baseball bats. Never happened but what I have observed in the past years is called reverse racisum. Now it seems that the people who dont like having racisum against them in turn are now creating it. It is everywhere so all I can say is that I am not racist in any form of the word and I challange everyone who is reading this thread not to be either. Thats a good start......

But with all that being said, we have to keep a sense of humor and be able to laugh at ourselves as well as others.

ONe more article to add to ERDocs list

http://www.jems.com/article/news/california-firefighter-faces-a

this ones incident is recent - less than 2 months old.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.