23 members have voted

1. 1. The New Decals On the Hood of an Ambulance Should Read:

• Get the hell out of my way
    • Move it Grandma
    • Yes, You, Pull Over
    • This Space for Rent
    • If You can Read this, You are in my way
    • Learn to Drive Jackass

It has come to my attention as a Professional Driving Instructor and active practitioner that there are significant issues with people not yielding to emergency vehicles. I believe that if we mandate USDOT, Transport Canada and other agencies to change the required decals on the front of the Ambulance from ecnalubmA to one of the choices listed above (in reverse, of course). I believe that a change like this could make a huge impact on our response times and general staff and patient safety. Who's with me?

• Like 1

just get a push bar...

Plus one for "Forward" thinking....

I get the joke content.

Aside from installing an LED moving signboard, rigged so the driver can read the message in their mirror, what real time, non insulting messages would youze guyz suggest? Lets be real, don't try humorous at this juncture.

Not being Humerous.... I would go with "please move to the right/Please move to the left". Would work well in heavy traffic I suppose. Although deep down I think you could write anything on it and the only people who would pay attention to it are those who don't need the extra message...

Spring loaded front bumper designed to direct patient to the right when we impact them.

Something like this?

post-15439-093940000 1278034060_thumb.jp

Edit to include picture that didn't attach

Edited by Fireman1037

I have been in a few situations where I would have loved to use the pit maneuver....

Maybe we could turn it into a revenue situation - have cameras in the ambulance, and when there is a vehicle that won't get out of the way, the driver can touch a button that will take a picture of the offending vehicle's license plate. Then the registered owner of the vehicle will receive a ticket in the mail, much like the photo radar tickets issued now. If the fine $$ amount was high enough, it could encourage people to pay more attention. It could also be like photo radar tickets in this area, where you can't renew your license or insurance without paying the ticket in full.

Of course, then we woul.d have to change the front decal to "Move your Ass or Get a Ticket"

• Like 1