Watching Bringing out the dead moviie-Interesting.?

medic82942003

It came out about the same time as "Bringing out the Dead". Since this movie was not a hollywood movie, it did not receive as much attention. Same type of movie though, medics with extreme burnout.

Why the medics always got to be burnt out to make a movie about themselves?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making a movie about what really happens everyday on the ambulance would be a boring movie

What really happens on an ambulance is like the military: Long periods of boredom, punctuated by short moments of extreme terror!

What really happens on an ambulance is like the military: Long periods of boredom, punctuated by short moments of extreme terror!

even the points of extreme terror can be really boring. sure, a severe asthmatic the was stung by a bee might scare the crap out of us.. but to your average joe... still quite boring. Unless there are explosions and people being shot... ems is boring to people on tv

Maybe I could make a movie. If burnout is what it takes.

can I be in your movie?

Read the book, way better than the flick.

In fact, where is Asys? Im sure that guy had some inside info on the medic who wrote the novel.

Read the book, way better than the flick.

I have to agree, the book is excellent, hough as I recall, it was a complee pain trying to find it. I think I had to order it through Chapters.

As far as the movie goes, I believe it was well done, and captured the essence of the book perfectly. Nicholas Cage was perfect for the lead in this movie.

On another note...is it just me or does Cage play a good unstable person??? Just an observation.....

It made me look at myself really hard the last time I watched it. I realized 13 years of EMS I was turning into the main character and burning out.

On another note...is it just me or does Cage play a good unstable person??? Just an observation.....

Why? Do you think he's getting the the type roles that Bruce Dern used to get?

I think it is because he uses his hands so much when he talks in short quick movements, and buts the emphasis at the end of EACH SENTENCE!!