EMTCity being sued?

JTpaintball70

Saw something on Facebook (NEMSAs page) that a newspaper in Reno is suing EMTCity for posting of one of their articles. I won't risk posting the article that says it, but has anyone else heard of this?

EDIT:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jun/05/8-more-websites-sued-over-r-j-copyrights-34-total/

Edited by JTpaintball70

Saw something on Facebook (NEMSAs page) that a newspaper in Reno is suing EMTCity for posting of one of their articles. I won't risk posting the article that says it, but has anyone else heard of this?

God this is fricken stupid this newspaper has shot them selfs in the foot.

I just read the artical and in my opinion its a load of bull plop. These days when newspaper readership is declining you think they would be thankfull that people are even reading there website or newspaper. Not to mention when the LV Sun publicly says which people they are sueing by name is fricken bogus. If you read the comments below the article they are not very positive. They could of sent cease and desist order first then just sicking the lawyers on everyone who posts a link or article from the LVJ.

To read the article search NEMSA on Facebook I wont post the link here since the news paper is certifiable crazy.

Note to self: If in Las Vegas dont read the Las Vegas Sun infact use it as toilet paper.

Edited by +medic

What is sneaky is they did not even send a cease and desist giving the site time to delete or edit as appropriate. This was an attack on 34 web sites all at once with zero warning shots fired...hmmm, so what is this all about?

Thanks for the links and as for searching NEMSA on FB, I had about 8 different NEMSA sites pop up, so you tell me!

What a job! Surf the net and look for people who stole our petty stories on cats in trees or NLVFD doing stupid stuff and then sue them!!!

What is sneaky is they did not even send a cease and desist giving the site time to delete or edit as appropriate. This was an attack on 34 web sites all at once with zero warning shots fired...hmmm, so what is this all about?

Thanks for the links and as for searching NEMSA on FB, I had about 8 different NEMSA sites pop up, so you tell me!

What a job! Surf the net and look for people who stole our petty stories on cats in trees or NLVFD doing stupid stuff and then sue them!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NEMSA/107416879364?ref=ts

Quote from LV article: "But on Friday, Righthaven agreed to settle a case against the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), based in Washington, D.C., for $2,185. That case involved an R-J story called "Marijuana as Medicine.""

So, they took NORML to court, and got $2,185. NORML will incur huge costs, since later in the article, it says they had 3 lawyers working on their defense. What did it cost LVR-J to work on this case? Is this really worth it? Or it is a form of newspaper terrorism, where the goal is to disrupt the regular business of other websites by involving these other people and businesses in these lawsuits when there were other means to inform them of their breach?

It seems like a petty tactic to me.