So i take my nremt-b test tommrow

I'm freaking out i know i know my stuff but, i also know that the national tests like to trick you i have a feeling ill be stuck with all the seizure, burns, and birth questions.

Anything anyone can offer will be great agian i take my test 3:30 tomorrow the 26th of may wish me luck.

• Like 1

They do not trick you. Just do not try and read more into the question than is there. I would suggest that you do a brief review now then around 330 today put the books away and relax. If you do not know the material now you will not learn it by tomorrow. By cramming you are liable to actually confuse yourself. So go relax and enjoy the day.

• Like 1

I would suggest that you do a brief review now then around 330 today put the books away and relax. If you do not know the material now you will not learn it by tomorrow. By cramming you are liable to actually confuse yourself. So go relax and enjoy the day.

right i do have to look it over just briefly tho or do a test or something because i haven't looked at the stuff in a month. i just now got all the money and everything taken care of now i can actually focus on the test. But ill do what you said

I agree. DO NOT read into the questions. Do no assume anything. If the question does not give you info, don't factor that into your answer.

Get plenty of rest. Relax! Enjoy a nice breakfast in the morning. A coffee and donut will not suffice.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Don't study at all the same day of your test. And don't overdo the caffeine, it will just make you more nervous. If you need coffee to "wake up" in the morning, fine, but don't drink a lot of it. It's just going to make you more jittery, or have to go to the bathroom during your test, which will lower your concentration; you won't be able to focus.

Know your stages of labor, and rule of nines for burns... if they want to test your knowledge on those areas, they want to see that you can recognize signs and symptoms of them, and the severity of the situation (which for burns, is degree of burn and body surface that sustained the burn). I'm not saying you will get those type of questions, that is just an example.

I took my exam last Monday, and if your exam is anything like mine, prepare for almost 100% scenario questions. And when it "shuts off" and they've determined if you've passed or not, don't freak out. I jumped, cause there is no warning, it just goes down.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

~Bliss

Edited by BlissEMT

Since the test is today there is not really much time to learn. The main thing is do what you can to have the confidence. You have passed your classed, you have read your booked, you have studied the material, etc. You are ready. Take the test and either way it doesn't end here, thus this is basically just the start.

Good Luck

PS If You are missing questions in the REA book, understand why, don't memorize the answer.

• Like 2

Mario,

You've passed the course, so you obviously know the material. 'Brush up' if you have to...but DON'T try to 'cram', it will only make you more confused.

Leave the books alone the night before the test. Take the questions as they're presented! Do NOT try to 'read into the question'. All the information you need will be there. If you get 'hung up'...eliminate the 'obviously wrong answers' first, that will cut your choices in half.

When the test 'stops' you're done. It's based on how you answer the questions. Don't fret over which 'number' you are on, or how many you did or didn't do.

Get some rest, and eat a light meal before you go. Don't overdo it on the liquids.

Take a deep breath and RELAX and you'll do fine.

Not to add any 'pressure' to you, but remember....you bomb the test...you've got all of us to deal with!

Good luck kid, and let us know how it all turns out.

LS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.