So i take my nremt-b test tommrow

so its time! everything i worked for everything i trained for comes down to this one test here we go!!!!!!

so now i wait i think i failed but they didnt tell me! i have to wait for my results what kinda crap is this

Well by now your test taking is complete. Hope you did well. I know for me the MOST important thing I could have remembered was ABCs. That was all NREMT was to me. You should get an e mail soon. I got mine Gosh I think the next day. If not it was within 2 days that I passed.

Well you should know this evening or in the morning. Don' lose sleep over it. If you failed you just study and test again.

Airway and Breathing Includes assessment and interventions for respiratory distress, patient airway, oxygen delivery systems and ventilatory support. Above Passing

Cardiology Includes assessment and interventions for non-traumatic chest pain, cardiovascular compromise, cardiac arrest and post-resuscitation care.Above Passing

Trauma Includes assessment and interventions for bleeding, burns, shock, soft tissue injuries, chest, head, spine and extremity trauma.Below Passing

Medical Includes assessment and interventions for altered mental status, allergic reaction, poisoning, overdose, heat and cold emergencies, near-drowning, bites and stings, behavioral problems, endocrine disorders, seizures and communicable diseases.Below Passing

OB/Peds Includes assessment and interventions for pediatric trauma, respiratory distress, seizures, fever, abdominal pain, abuse and neglect, shock, cardiac arrest, communicable diseases, gynecological emergencies, childbirth and neonatal care. Below Passing

EMS Operations Includes scene safety, medical direction, CISD, legal issues, emergency vehicle operations, lifting and moving patients, communications, documentation, infection control precautions, triage, DNR, and quality improvement. Near Passing

theres the results anyone know what the bp of a child is how to do it mathematically they put that on my test and i've never even heard of it like is it 80mm x 2 yrs of birth or whats the correct formula

Edited by Mario1105

theres the results anyone know what the bp of a child is how to do it mathematically they put that on my test and i've never even heard of it like is it 80mm x 2 yrs of birth or whats the correct formula

Should be 80mmhg + 2 x age.

I've never taken a NR Exam, but seems like you need to study a bit more.

Airway and Breathing Includes assessment and interventions for respiratory distress, patient airway, oxygen delivery systems and ventilatory support. Above Passing

Cardiology Includes assessment and interventions for non-traumatic chest pain, cardiovascular compromise, cardiac arrest and post-resuscitation care.Above Passing

Trauma Includes assessment and interventions for bleeding, burns, shock, soft tissue injuries, chest, head, spine and extremity trauma.Below Passing

Medical Includes assessment and interventions for altered mental status, allergic reaction, poisoning, overdose, heat and cold emergencies, near-drowning, bites and stings, behavioral problems, endocrine disorders, seizures and communicable diseases.Below Passing

OB/Peds Includes assessment and interventions for pediatric trauma, respiratory distress, seizures, fever, abdominal pain, abuse and neglect, shock, cardiac arrest, communicable diseases, gynecological emergencies, childbirth and neonatal care. Below Passing

EMS Operations Includes scene safety, medical direction, CISD, legal issues, emergency vehicle operations, lifting and moving patients, communications, documentation, infection control precautions, triage, DNR, and quality improvement. Near Passing

I didn't get an e-mail from the NREMT after taking my test... Study those areas, I guess...

I didn't get an e-mail from the NREMT after taking my test... Study those areas, I guess...

I got one when I tested in February for the NREMT-I85:

Results of your National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians cognitive examination are now available on the National Registry website. To view/print your results, click here and log into your account using the user name and password that you created. Then, click on "Check Application Status" where you can view and print the results from your cognitive examination.

Examination Department, NREMT

Should be 80mmhg + 2 x age.

I've never taken a NR Exam, but seems like you need to study a bit more.

Depends on the book one reads, but I've seen anywhere from 60 to 80 plus 2 times the age in years for an average normal systolic in a pediatric.

tsk is right, he needs to study more (as per several conversations I've had with him). It's easy to recite the requirements for something from a book. It's knowing how to recognize abnormalities and what to do when you see them (as per your scope of practice) that takes a bit of thought.

Good luck on your test.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.