exoffendor

save lives

First, I am not offended. I do tire of narrow views and ignorance so I attempt to educate to prevent future recurrences. Someday the world will be at peace but that will only be when there is no religion. Ever gonna happen? Not a chance! Therefore, peace is unattainable.

sorry for offending AK, but for a religion(some peoples interpretation of that religion)n the name of religion or their interpretation of religion.

Aren't all religions "some peoples interpretation"? If you disagree, since I know your religion I will point you in the direction of a book titled The Bible..The Biography by Karen Armstrong.

Am I intolerant of this type of behaviour, hell yes I am, from anyone doing violence in the name of their religion and I guess I'll remain intolerant. You have seen more than I have, you have been in the forefront of the war over there as long as I've known you and you have a thicker skin than I but I just don't understand their way of thinking. I guess I never will but it still doesn't mean that what they are doing is WRONG but that is only according to my belief system.

Intolerance to the killing in the name of a religion? The only reason Christianity exists today is because of killings, other wise it would have been stamped out thousands of years ago when the Christian Jews split from the Jewish sect and were being persecuted. Had the Emperor at that time not been a convert, the decimation would have been complete and those who compiled the Bible would have been killed or never existed due to links of their lineage killed before they were born. Christians were called atheists for a very long time, this was term specifically for them, why? Because they did not have polytheistic beliefs at that time, since they did not recognize the other gods, they were "atheist".

For all the same reasons you do not understand their beliefs, I do not understand yours. I am aware of them, I study them, but for the life of me I just can not comprehend how one could believe such. In spite of my lack of understanding, I have learned to adjust my actions and reactions around the person, who they truly are, what they do and not how they believe. I know you are a smart guy and fun to be around and that is enough for me. I do not let a belief system or an intolerance of one ruin a chance for me to meet someone interesting, to have that experience in life...but, as I said, I will not understand.

And finally, if you knew he was a Hindu from the start why did you quote him directly and go off ranting on an entirely different religion? Why the tease/insult about virgins? I am sure if one studied the Hindu belief system, you would find other interesting things to tease about aside from virgins (caste system, reincarnation, and cows for starters).

First, I am not offended. I do tire of narrow views and ignorance so I attempt to educate to prevent future recurrences. Someday the world will be at peace but that will only be when there is no religion. Ever gonna happen? Not a chance! Therefore, peace is unattainable.

Aren't all religions "some peoples interpretation"? If you disagree, since I know your religion I will point you in the direction of a book titled The Bible..The Biography by Karen Armstrong.

Intolerance to the killing in the name of a religion? The only reason Christianity exists today is because of killings, other wise it would have been stamped out thousands of years ago when the Christian Jews split from the Jewish sect and were being persecuted. Had the Emperor at that time not been a convert, the decimation would have been complete and those who compiled the Bible would have been killed or never existed due to links of their lineage killed before they were born. Christians were called atheists for a very long time, this was term specifically for them, why? Because they did not have polytheistic beliefs at that time, since they did not recognize the other gods, they were "atheist".

For all the same reasons you do not understand their beliefs, I do not understand yours. I am aware of them, I study them, but for the life of me I just can not comprehend how one could believe such. In spite of my lack of understanding, I have learned to adjust my actions and reactions around the person, who they truly are, what they do and not how they believe. I know you are a smart guy and fun to be around and that is enough for me. I do not let a belief system or an intolerance of one ruin a chance for me to meet someone interesting, to have that experience in life...but, as I said, I will not understand.

And finally, if you knew he was a Hindu from the start why did you quote him directly and go off ranting on an entirely different religion? Why the tease/insult about virgins? I am sure if one studied the Hindu belief system, you would find other interesting things to tease about aside from virgins (caste system, reincarnation, and cows for starters).

AK the voice of reason again. I stand corrected by you which I am too often most days.

It is too bad you don't understand my religious beliefs but at least you are honest in your opinion.

It is good to know we can have this kind of discourse rather than one that is vehement and so often the case on this forum and life in general these days.

But I'll shut it now and not say anymore lest my opinions get me more bad reputation.

But on a serious note, I need to discuss with you privately regarding opportunities for employment over where you are. Not for me but for a colleague. I will email you privately.

but in changing my views like one person has privately emailed me, I'm not going to but I will attempt to be more tolerant towards others.

As for the Hindu faith, I have no issues with Hinduism. As a matter of fact, whatever anyone wants to believe in is ok with me but I do not have to agree that they are right nor do they need to agree that I am right in my belief. And if I appear intolerant of others religion or belief system then I guess that is how I will appear.

Edited by Ruffems

Now Ruff, I know you’re a very intelligent person and this statement (of yours) may have an oversight. As a Catholic let me just through out the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem witch trails as examples.

I'm just saying!

And don't forget the pope blessed Hitler.

Sadly it is the fact that almost all wars have had some ties to religion. Some of the worst events in mankind's history can be linked to some sort of religion. It is no wonder so many have stopped looking to any religion even though the actions above often went against the teachings of that faith.

• Like 1

I am sure if one studied the Hindu belief system, you would find other interesting things to tease about aside from virgins (caste system, reincarnation, and cows for starters).

Regarding religion ... people need something to argue about right? There will never be peace as long as there is religion so I totally agree with what ak said here ...

As for cows, I love them. :wub: ... especially medium rare with a baked potato

Edited by Siffaliss
  • Like 1

can a person become a emt if the crime happened over 20 yrs ago

I first saw this posta while ago and didnt really keep it on my radar and then saw this persons little blab on the front page wondering why people here are so rude to a new commer.

This topic went so wonky I have to wonder why it went to sex offenders, religion and that people here couldn't actually understand that the guy or girl was asking if someone could become an emt after a crime that happened 20 years ago, and some of the most respected people on this site participated in the comments.

I dont understand why 3 people did the -3 on this post, if we are going to use a rating system here then maybe we should be doing it on the people that are really rude and butt holes in their responses not the people that are just asking a simple question, but again there is the bad grammar.

I come here alot and I enjoy reading alot of the posts and comments here and have alot of respect for those that take the time to share information that may make my career or life alittle easier and find it disturbing that people here made some one that has come here feel so unwelcome. Save lives maybe a troll or what ever else you can be called on this site but so could anyone of us.

Please remember we maybe making people not come to our community because of this type activity.

• Like 1

It was a bland question that provoked broad responses. The initial post merely stated "crime", it didn't state what type of crime. If the original question was actually specific to begin with, the replies might also have been specific. Instead, the "topic" if you will, was covered with a plethora of differentials. People started giving examples of what they say are crimes, and their thoughts on those crimes.

So if we pretended the original question was a patient, they would have a chief complaint of "dizzy". Figure it out ...

... WAY off topic, but before someone criticizes bad grammar, they should take a look at their own. :bonk:

:closed:

Edited by Siffaliss
  • Like 1

I dont understand why 3 people did the -3 on this post, if we are going to use a rating system here then maybe we should be doing it on the people that are really rude and butt holes in their responses not the people that are just asking a simple question, but again there is the bad grammar.

I completely agree. I've seen posts of mine that were neg'ed for no reason at all. To me, a rating system should be based on the quality of the post itself, not on whether you agree with the poster or not. I'm constantly giving +1s to posts that I see where I disagree with a neg 1 rating.

Damn ruff - you miss the point - the dude is Hindu, not Muslim

I dunno... I think Ruff did a great job of getting right down to the most important point of all...

so how many virgins are we talking about?

:thumbsup: