exoffendor

save lives

trust you... gee, I wonder if they are females

They could just be a bunch of D&D playing, 1970's Battlestar Galactica watching, cheezy dust on their fingers, skin so greasy it makes paper go clear, living in their mom's basement type virgins. That would be sweet sweet irony for a bunch of suicide bombers.

They could just be a bunch of D&D playing, 1970's Battlestar Galactica watching, cheezy dust pork rinds on their fingers, skin so greasy it makes paper go clear, living in their mom's basement type virgins. That would be sweet sweet irony for a bunch of suicide bombers.

Fixed that for ya.

I completely agree. I've seen posts of mine that were neg'ed for no reason at all. To me, a rating system should be based on the quality of the post itself, not on whether you agree with the poster or not. I'm constantly giving +1s to posts that I see where I disagree with a neg 1 rating.

Looks like we have ourselves a self proclaimed "quality control" officer. Liking or disliking or whether or not one thinks a post has "quality" or not, is nothing more than a matter of opinion. You have yours, I have mine, nobody is really the same etc etc. Some obviously have a hard time trying to handle that.

• Like 2

I completely agree. I've seen posts of mine that were neg'ed for no reason at all. To me, a rating system should be based on the quality of the post itself, not on whether you agree with the poster or not. I'm constantly giving +1s to posts that I see where I disagree with a neg 1 rating.

Another good reason to give a negative point would be for posting bad information or advice. I disagree with bad information and advice.

On a long enough timeline though an active poster should see these incidental negative average out and not drastically affect their rating. A new member or a less active one will see more variation but will stay in the neutral category (where I'd imagine the majority of membership will always be). A negative on an individual post, is not in my mind a big deal (really, it's a forum; what is a big deal?) it's just a single persons expression of disagreement, disgust, anger, etc. That single point speaks more to the person giving it then the poster. When these come together and form a positive or negative reputation, then it actually reflects on the member and their relationship with the board.

• Like 1

(really, it's a forum; what is a big deal?) it's just a single persons expression of disagreement, disgust, anger, etc.

I would like to express my agreement with this comment. :thumbsup: