Overseas medics in harms way

Just Plain Ruff

Ok, to all the overseas medics especially those in Afghanistan and Iraq, please be careful. I woke up to 10 americans killed in helicopter crashes over the weekend in the news. I immediately thought of our friends over there from the City. AK, Dwayne(not sure if you are still over there) and Chbare among others.

I said a silent prayer for you guys as well as all those over in harms way.

Please be safe and know that you all are in my prayers every day.

Michael

Keep your heads down and always check you six gang!

Sounds like life over there is going to get just a little dangerous in the near future.

My brother in law retired in June as a CT state trooper and a week later he E-mailed that he's working for an un-named govt contractor and on his way to the lovely tourist destination spot of Kanduhar. Something to do with teaching the local police force how to do their jobs.

Keep your heads down and always check you six gang!

Sounds like life over there is going to get just a little dangerous in the near future.

My brother in law retired in June as a CT state trooper and a week later he E-mailed that he's working for an un-named govt contractor and on his way to the lovely tourist destination spot of Kanduhar. Something to do with teaching the local police force how to do their jobs.

Have him look me up at KAF, especially if he plays poker. :)

Have him look me up at KAF, especially if he plays poker. :)

I'll pass the invite along to him. He's a serious looking guy , former 82nd airborne & then state trooper.

He should be back there at KAF as we got an e-mail from him today.

Initials P.P. :D

Well, I reckon this mail will direct bearing on myself in the very near future. I am awaiting the final details on my possible position in the tourist areas referred to in the above mails. I am not 100% sure whether it will be Iraq or Afghan just yet, I should have those details closer to the time.

AK, if I'm in your area I will most certainly be looking for you. I can't play poker but I'm a fast learner.

Other than that, I agree with everyone here. Keep safe out there boys and girls, everyone back home (which ever country you are from) is waiting and rooting for you tome come home as you left. Breathing and smiling!

Rgds

S

To all medical personnel in all "hot spots": Don't forget to duck! I refer to places where, while we may not be involved in either a war or "police action" like Afganisatan or Iraq, by being an American, Canadian, German, or being from the UK, amongst others, paints a target on your back.

As for no rockets in Colorado, don't we have ICBMs aimed at other "unfriendlies" there, or anti-aircraft/anti-missile sites in that state?

• Like 1