TRAUMA - Episode 4, 19 Oct 09

Nick-Pics . . .

- I think I figured out why they wear the DCs. It's so they can run code 3 with the windows rolled down. (Hey, it just looks cooler.)

- It appeared they put the amputation Pt. into the rig all by himself. Blondie could have been going for the fwd side door, but who would leave that kind of Pt. alone even for a few seconds?

- Fire medics entering a freshly put down fire scene sans turnout gear? The fire medics I see wear turn out gear on nursing home SOB calls.

- Hope the S.F. fire guys didn't mind being portrayed as the department that can't clear a building properly. I could understand missing one whore, but a dozen?

- Impaled arterial bleed Pt. on a cannula? (Probably couldn't say his lines under a RB.)

- A surgical retraction instrument in a medic bag? (I gotta make a Galls run and get me one of those!)

- Blondie's new found chastity. She only came within 15 minutes of adding to her interdepartmental bang score.

- Wabbit's pre-planned rehabilitation from bad boy status. It started with the kid hanging onto his leg in a previous episode. (Kids are good judges of character, right.) Now he pukes and has PTSD. Big lovable lug syndrome can't be far off . . .

:)

• Like 4

Nick-Pics . . .

- Hope the S.F. fire guys didn't mind being portrayed as the department that can't clear a building properly. I could understand missing one whore, but a dozen?

-

Well to be politically correct they are sex workers and they have their own union! I am a proud card carrying member of that Union. :innocent::innocent:

Good run down on the show you rock Nick. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Am i crazy or did it seem like they werent in any rush to transport the amputee patient? They just threw some dressings on there and he was fixed! Take your time guys, he probably didnt lose THAT much blood when his entire arm was severed.

And everyone seems to be getting a cannula instead of non rebreather on this show, ill let it slide because they have to be able to act, but its still annoying.

This episode was the weakest so far for me, i hadnt previously noticed how bad some of these actors are until now.

Am i crazy or did it seem like they werent in any rush to transport the amputee patient? They just threw some dressings on there and he was fixed! Take your time guys, he probably didnt lose THAT much blood when his entire arm was severed.

And everyone seems to be getting a cannula instead of non rebreather on this show, ill let it slide because they have to be able to act, but its still annoying.

This episode was the weakest so far for me, i hadnt previously noticed how bad some of these actors are until now.

I agree its getting to the point that its not even funny anymore. The first few episodes you could find the humor and laugh but now its just getting to the point of no return. Its lost its humor factor and getting down right boring even for me.

Nick-Pics . . .

- I think I figured out why they wear the DCs. It's so they can run code 3 with the windows rolled down. (Hey, it just looks cooler.)

- It appeared they put the amputation Pt. into the rig all by himself. Blondie could have been going for the fwd side door, but who would leave that kind of Pt. alone even for a few seconds?

- Fire medics entering a freshly put down fire scene sans turnout gear? The fire medics I see wear turn out gear on nursing home SOB calls.

- Impaled arterial bleed Pt. on a cannula? (Probably couldn't say his lines under a RB.)

- A surgical retraction instrument in a medic bag? (I gotta make a Galls run and get me one of those!)

- Blondie's new found chastity. She only came within 15 minutes of adding to her interdepartmental bang score.

- Wabbit's pre-planned rehabilitation from bad boy status. It started with the kid hanging onto his leg in a previous episode. (Kids are good judges of character, right.) Now he pukes and has PTSD. Big lovable lug syndrome can't be far off . . .

Point for you dude... didn't watch, won't watch, good summary.

• Like 1

Working from my notes, here, as last week...

1) Why has Rabbit kept the boots from the helicopter crash? At least he ditched them at the end of the show, possibly as a step towards his recovery from the PTSD he denies having.

2) Nice lightning show with the sparking wire, the high fall, and the other electrocution/amputation, but are not bucket trucks like the one used have some kind of isolation to prevent the bucket operator from becoming a part of the circuit?

3) They never explained why the newbie fainted.

4) Smelling salts for an unconscious? Not within my protocols, what about yours?

6) Rabbit puking? At least they attributed that to the possible PTSD, which, as already stated, Rabbit denies having.

7) The 2 ground ambulance crewmen waited for the Police before entering the scene, yet they still go in early enough to "clothesline" the escaping perp?

8) I like the significant other being told, even though did nothing, "Shut up and be a Hero!"

9) Am I the only one noting that the patient in the explosion had the electrode pads on, but not even one shock was attempted, or even one attempt at an evaluation?

10) Already noted, FD didn't verify the building was unoccupied. Can you imagine the Chief of Department explaining 12 dead women in the basement of a building, even if they were prisoner/prostitute/undocumented "aliens"?

11) Hey! Fire was shown, here at the explosion, and later with the Re-Bar impalement. They do exist in the "Trauma" universe!

12) Even a trained MD sans license, working as a Paramedic, being assisted by a fainting EMT, would not attempt street-side vascular surgery, even under the OLMC Doctor's license. Or...Didn't we have, a few years ago, 2 Paramedics, operating under their OLMC, do a C-Section to remove a viable baby from a woman who died in the street? I cannot recall if the woman was a traffic accident, or a GSW victim, but it was discussed here in the City, if the Paramedics should be stripped of their licenses or certifications or not.

13) The pimp just waltzes into an ER, ordering the woman to go with him. One word. "SECURITY?!?"

14) When is the last time a "Line" helicopter, even though being weather related grounded, gets "rented" for a joyride and "Do It Yourself" psychiatric treatment session? The FAA should go after THAT pilot.

15) The fainting EMT is writing a book? I don't care if the writer was an unmarried supermodel, that would blow away any chance of nocturnal activity for me, too! Until the lawyers show up to clear any legalities, PLEASE don't tell me I'm going to be a character in your book.

15-A) The book I am thinking of writing is based on ambulance activities over 36 years of experience. Youse guyz is safe! 16) Almost forgot: The bicycle accident victim is Jessica, the rescuer is Rabbit? Where IS, and who framed Roger Rabbit, anyway?

(Sorry. Jessica Rabbit is not bad, she is just drawn that way)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.