TRAUMA - Episode 4, 19 Oct 09

For those missing emergency - amazing NBC put a link to it on the page to watch videos :thumbsup:

http://www.nbc.com/classic-tv/emergency/video/categories/season-1/32399/

• Like 2

It's not all that bad of a show. Sure, it needs some work at being a tad bit more realistic and getting terms/procedures done right. But let's face it people, it is a television show that uses the drama and over the top stupid crazy stunts they pull to get the attention of your average joe viewer.

It's not all that bad of a show. Sure, it needs some work at being a tad bit more realistic and getting terms/procedures done right. But let's face it people, it is a television show that uses the drama and over the top stupid crazy stunts they pull to get the attention of your average joe viewer.

That's where I disagree. I tried really hard to watch the second episode not as a medic, but as a normal viewer. I couldn't get into any of the characters. The time spent on flushing out the main characters was too little, but they've made them too flawed to pull a Law and Order or Emergency! where they are just professionals whose home lives we rarely see. Right now they're more caricatures then anything else; too much front loading left them with little to explore. As a viewer we can't even care about the patients as the calls are so short and fast we never see much of them either. Maybe they should have copied Flashpoint and Saved which did those little flashbacks. EMS issues aside I don't find anything here pulling me back in; they are severely lacking in a hook.

• Like 1

I just told my girlfriend that yes even in rural saskatchewan every day i work is just that exciting, and yes I delivered 4 babies and apprehended the mother for being a world class bank robber all at the same time. Mobey will attest to just how exciting it is in the life of a sask emt

I just told my girlfriend that yes even in rural saskatchewan every day i work is just that exciting, and yes I delivered 4 babies and apprehended the mother for being a world class bank robber all at the same time. Mobey will attest to just how exciting it is in the life of a sask emt

Dang maybe I should move there and have excitment!!!

We were discussing the show at work the other day (my nursing job) and honsetly most the people that watch it like it. I just shook my head :shiftyninja:

Dang maybe I should move there and have excitment!!!

We were discussing the show at work the other day (my nursing job) and honsetly most the people that watch it like it. I just shook my head :shiftyninja:

Trust me, it's not quite that exciting....but if you're willing to uproot your family and move to another country on spec...let me know, I'll send you an application.

:)

For those missing emergency - amazing NBC put a link to it on the page to watch videos :thumbsup:

http://www.nbc.com/classic-tv/emergency/video/categories/season-1/32399/

Thanks Firefly! I can't believe I just spent the last 1 1/2 hours watching the first 2 episodes! ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.