TRAUMA - Episode 3, 12 Oct 09

Dustdevil

So yup I watched it too again .. my bad ... don't answer that and posted these comments in other threads but thought I would add to this Slag Fest as it is well deserved.

So here is what I learned: :withstupid:

Pop eyes back into sockets from a MBA from poly trauma and when jogging by a scene, WOW it works to.

And now one can land a 212 in a school yard without any LZ safety officers. .... got to love this downtown landing stuff, The best part (well thats just me) inducing hypothermia in a possible spinal cord injury and with one liter NS IV and because I read it in a medical journal once ... so wheres the barf smiley again ?

Then IM (somewhere in the arm) 4 mgs ? of Narcan for a tramadol OD um is that an opiate now (sorry don't have instant rewind on that one to catch all the other rx) and supposedly in a mixed OD but never bother clearing or open an airway and THEN claim a drunk driving into your house saved your child's life ? Ah ain't that nice of whatever her name is.

Gets better folks .. Pericardiocentesis for penetrating chest wound ie GSW thats a its because of JVD ... no monitor, no O2, no line, no BPs just stick needles in hearts for the hell of it ... she must have lived, don't they all ?

NOW episode 2 and Rabbit Stew still doesn't know how to do ****ING CPR !??? On a guy that just shot him ? too bad he missed the head shot, looked like a 44 or 357 yup all super hero's just get up off the floor after taking that many foot pounds.

The saddest thing is that Antony Dinozzos ex Dr. Heart Break has been demoted to an mere nurse but is now hitting on a Da Wabbit ... I think I am going to cry for poor Tony D or will we find out that Wabbit is really Gay, it is in SF after all ... te he.

Well the good thing is no one was sitting beside me when I watched this trash, the neighbor did knock on the door and ask what the screaming was all about ... then the RCMP and ..oh never mind

Somebody Please Tell me this is supposed to be a comedy for EMS and good thing is only 8 more episodes to go before its cancelled, and oh and its Thanksgiving day here in Kanukistan ..I am very thankful that this CRAP wasn't filmed in Vancouver.

cheers

ps Honestly the saddest thing is that I contacted 4 female ex partners and apparently I am the only one has never been lucky in the back of a truck ... AND despite my blue flight suit.

Hah Ha on the ropes after episode #3

This is the swill they are promoting:http://tvseriesfinal...rauma-petition/

Trauma revolves around a group of brave men and women who risk their lives to save others. But now, it’s them who need the saving. The ratings for NBC’s new high-action drama have not been good and, unless they improve, Trauma will be cancelled.

Remember, the most important thing to NBC is for people to watch the show on their television sets while it’s being broadcast. Downloading, watching online, or watching on a DVR days later is all very nice but it really doesn’t help a show’s ratings.

Good luck with that.

Just some nick-pics . . . ;)

- Letting an ETOH Pt. sign a refusal and walk away.

- The comment about organ transportation being, "lame." Really?

- No sheet on the gurney with c-spined Pt. aboard. (Could be some "reason" I've never learned, but still seems wrong, especially if Pt. is bleeding.)

- Rabbit's use of cold therapy in the spinal case so the producers could say, "Look, we are educating people to new stuff."

- Medic allowing his wife to stick her bare hands into bloody GSW. (Bystanders getting involved in treatment is becoming a mainstay of the show).

- Rabbit taking a large caliber round at close range wearing something like "Dragon Skin" and apparently escaping any blunt force trauma.

One thing I liked:

- The spinal case kid wiggling his toes on Rabbit's iPhone. (Excepting it was an iPhone advert).

And the Running Blondie Bang Count now stands at 2.5. Guy in the rig, guy in the boat, and now it appears Rabbit may need Dragon Skin fitted for another body part.

:)

And the Running Blondie Bang Count now stands at 2.5. Guy in the rig, guy in the boat, and now it appears Rabbit may need Dragon Skin fitted for another body part.

She already slept with him at the end of Episode #1.

It looks like Trauma's DNR is in process and it is hanging on barely on life support. Evidently it's not going to make it past the end of this season if it even survives that long - hmmm how you gonna end in NBC? Blow up San Fransisco? :innocent: Should we all sign the petition to prolong it's misery or put it down humanely?

http://tvseriesfinale.com/petitions-and-polls/

I have sent an email to one of the guys who admits that he had some sort of advisory role prior to the show being in production. I asked him some pointed questions in a nice ruffems sort of way.

I am interested in his reply if he does reply.

The main question I asked is if he is proud of his involvement.

I also asked him if stuff like what happens on the show really happens on a regular basis like it does on the show.

I have received a response from the guy I emailed and have yet to receive permission to post it here. Needless to say - this is a real eye opener as to his response.

One thing for sure is that the Mayor of San Francisco's wife (a budding actress) was given a bit part in the show to get the Mayor to sign off on the permits. hmmmmmmmm kind of political gerrymandering if you ask me.

Jeeze what crap, unfortunately these people are getting paid to put out this load of garbage. Wonder who is the advisor on the thing. Definetely no EMS background.

But wait theres more, Episode 4 is coming.

Jeeze what crap, unfortunately these people are getting paid to put out this load of garbage. Wonder who is the advisor on the thing. Definetely no EMS background.

But wait theres more, Episode 4 is coming.

Actually, the original advisor did indeed have EMS background, as a matter of fact, he had some significant ems background but when your efforts to correct the inaccuracies in the script go unheeded then you leave the program.

I'm not sure who the new advisor for the show is.

I have received a response from the guy I emailed and have yet to receive permission to post it here.

You need permission? Is that a U.S. privacy act of some sort?

Or is that just out of respect for fellow man?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.