TRAUMA - Episode 3, 12 Oct 09

Dustdevil

Prolly one of those "not in a position to speak for/answer questions for/et al; the corporation" type deals. Most times people will answer questions in a position like that, but ask that the source of your info be based on an anonymous informant. Wouldn't want to give another studio an edge.

Well, at least they are making the SWAT team look as bad as they're making us look!

So I just watched it - and wow, agreed. That's just pathetic honestly, with all the friggin' cop & military shows, movies etc anymore, simple breaching and room clearing SOPs should be Hollywood stunt 101. Don't even get me started on the TacMed farse - why even bother stretching there? Just, ah WTF?! I swear I'm doomed to never be able to enjoy action drama entertainment again. I'm already cursed with over-analyzing modern military portrayals and now this? Damn!

OK, let me take them in order, as I was taking notes...

1) As noted, popping the eyeballs back in, instead of doing the gauze donut and cup trick? Even my Paramedics cannot do that one, so far out of (local) protocols!

2) Cute, Rabbit with the phony eyeballs on springs.

3) They must have a scriptwriter connected with the Johnny Test cartoon, "Sure didn't see that one comin'". The way the family was talking, I thought there was going to be a domestic fight, as they focused on the carving knife on the table, just before the car drove into the room (must have made a wrong turn at the kitchen?).

4)Madam EMT/Pilot is getting bloodthirsty, and is looking for jobs to go on. That is a New-Jack tendency, for sure.

5) See Johnny Test reference again: You thought the skate boarder was going to either get creamed by the cars, or cause a car crash. Nope, instead, he flipped over the safety railing, and rolled down the hill.

6) While I have heard of the hypothermia treatment, it's for cardiac patients, not spinal involvements. Also, even local protocol by me doesn't do it IV, just cooling the body under armpits and on groin with ice packs.

7) Doc yelled at Rabbit for unsanctioned out of protocol treatment. Good! Doc congratulates Rabbit for the save with same out of protocol treatment. Qualified bad!

8) I kind of like the colored tarps for MCI Triage. Add similarly flags, so if covered by bodies, and run with it.

9) How many times is a Medevac or LEO helicopter going to land on a random roof, before one gives way under the weight or vibrations?

10) I am against cell phone conversations from ambulance crews anyway, but texting during an MCI? My partner once got a cell phone call from the EMT driving another unit, telling us what we already knew from listening to dispatch radio: He was on a call!

11) Same Paramedic got text message now compromised, as family member now directly involved. What does you local protocol(s) say on having a service member on a potentially dangerous to member scene, when either a family member, or a partner, is in danger? Keep them away, allow them to work the scene, or what?

11-A)I'll launch a separate string on that soon.

12 Due to his compromise with family member endangered, he abandoned his post! I don't know about your protocols, but EMS doesn't enter a known live gunfire scene without an EMS supervisor, in communication with a LEO supervisor, giving authorization first.

13) Leaving good cover from gunfire to treat a patient is never a good idea, especially when you have no idea where the shooter is at.

14) Vests (soft body armor)cover the trunk, ballistic military helmets cover the head, but even this kevlar setup leaves the wearer open to a face shot.

15) Someone else noted Rabbit caught a shot to the vest, knocking him down. I'm told it is akin to being hit in the chest by a baseball bat wielded by Reggie Jackson in his prime NY Yankees days. You might get up, but with several busted ribs.

16) Please note, once again, I call it soft body armor, not bullet-proof vest, as, with the kevlar "cop-killer" bullets available, the protective vests work, but only to a point, and they will be penetrated, and the wearer ventilated.

Here is the link to the NBC page for Trauma the negitive comments are pretty much what we know but still fun to read.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=828065&st=40

edited by me cause i messed up the link with a youtube video!!!!

Edited by itku2er

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.