TRAUMA - Episode 2, 5 Oct 09

Who is going to give "Trauma" a second shot tonight?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to give "Trauma" a second shot tonight?

Apparently the obligatory MCI is going to be the equivalent of the 5-alarm chemical plant fire that was in every episode of Emergency!

I already hate the blonde bimbo. Even more than Rabbit.

Re the blonde bimbo.. did you catch it in the first episode where the big shot doc tells her she needs to get out of EMS and start using her MD because "you gotta grow up sometime" ? F'n insulting as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

As noted...

Amplifier? Should I buy this brand, instead of a Martin, for my electric guitar?

Let's be fair, folks. Perhaps this is the local protocol in San Fran, which is the reverse of what I have been taught, and use, in New York City and New York State.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have yellow for immediate, red for delayed, in their local protocols?

I actually looked up the SF EMSA protocol to respond to someone from New Jersey who claimed that there was a "white tag" (no treatment needed). This confirmed my assumption that SF EMSA uses the Simple Triage And Rapid Treatment (START, which, incidentally, was developed in Orange County. CA) system for MCI triage.

• Like 1

That NPA was waaaay too small for him.

I would have got more "Education" if she would have combitubed herself :dribble:

This episode was a little better than the last... but still a ways to go.

One thing I think was accurate was the way the hospital staff treats the ems staff like a stepchild.

One thing I hate to see is that rookie acting like a bonehead and still remaining on an ambulance. The reality is, if a dumbass like that were on a crew of genious medics (as portrayed) he would have hit the road after the first call.

Re the blonde bimbo.. did you catch it in the first episode where the big shot doc tells her she needs to get out of EMS and start using her MD because "you gotta grow up sometime" ? F'n insulting as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, she graduated from medical school, but apparently has not completed internship/residency. It's like having someone finish paramedic school and not take the paramedic exam deciding instead to work as a basic. How would you feel if your partner decided to go to school and not use the education?

I'll admit that I haven't seen the pilot yet, but I didn't think that this episode was terrible. Not necessarily good, but not Gigli. If it survives, it would be interesting to see how it develops. After all, Battlestar Galactica's first few episodes was nothing short of terrible (seriously, go back and watch 1.01 "33" and 1.02 "Water" and tell me those were good episodes. Alternatively, go back and watch the first few episodes of Heroes.).

There were a few things that I felt Trauma 1.02 hit on the head. The 'eating of the young' for new grads in EMS. Marriage troubles. Dangers of the job (and what I'm deeming the world's worst example of stagging for police). ER antics. EMTs hitting on nurses.

Of course there were also numerous medical mistakes and stupidity.

As noted...

Amplifier? Should I buy this brand, instead of a Martin, for my electric guitar?

I'm thinkin they may be giving Peavey, Fender and Gorilla Amps a run for the money!

I'm guilty. It played on the TV, and I listened to it while I typed up business meeting minutes. Though, in my defense, I only watched the opening.

I could have believed the dude tokin' it up getting sucked into the wood chipper, more than the lady being KO'd by the chunk of wood. I've had patients with digits cut off, torn off, and hanging by a thread by everything from vacuum cleaners to drill presses, grain mixers, power saws, snow blowers, rotary-manual lawn mowers and yes.. Wood chippers.

But I'm still wanting to see them sit with a 90 y/o Alzheimer patient, or aged elderly person with no issues, on an 80min transport out of the sticks. All because the family is tired of taking care of them... Truth be told, those are in fact, my favorite calls. When you have so long with people, they tend to spill out stories of their life, and I've transported some pretty interesting people.

I call the Guedel oral airways, VN's instead of OPA. Vomit Nozzle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.