TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

NickD, that was brilliant.

Dude, Seriously! He managed to work almost every point we have discussed into that video! Beautiful work!

Just checking, everyone who's complaining about all the damage that Trauma is doing to EMS also hates House, MD, right? Is it better to be whores and cowboys or a pill popping narcissistic druggy physician with zero people skills and no motivation to get them?

I don't think I have ever seen a full episode of House. Just a few snippets here and there. So I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that, although rough around the edges, that House is at least competent, isn't he? If so, that puts him light years ahead of the entire crew on Trauma.

I watched House a few times, it was mildly entertaining. Every episode was the same. Same structure in the plots, same type of scenario.

Every rare disease comes into this hospital, and he figures it out at the last minute every time.. *yawn*

Never watched Greys Anatomy, or that other medical show that I can't remember the name of.

But seriously people... IT'S TELEVISION, and it's entertainment. You can't really expect everything to be factual and realistic. Given, terminology should be correct, and basic operations should be as well. But for the most part, you need to kick it up a notch and create action, drama, and conflict for ENTERTAINMENT. It's not a learning show.

• Like 1

how should I start this? hum.. I wish it was really that exciting as depicted by the screen writers. Real EMTs' don't let their cleavage hangout, the unisex uniforms don't look that good on anyone! They didn't even break a sweat while doing FAKE CPR. Whats up with "I wanna try the atropine, to see if it will work"? And I didn't know flight crews were allowed to transport family members and enlist their assistance. Where'd the 3rd crew member go of the flight crew? Illegal sedation of the flight patient, who was A/O? Well we could go on and on, but as professional EMTs, my partner and myself could hardly stomach the extreme load of BS. We've never seen flight crews behave unprofessionally. What's up with the giant gray headsets worn by the street medics? And where in the heavens did BLS and the FD go in the tanker scene? The staging was completely WRONG. They were never there. Maybe NBC should hire some REAL EMTs to help out the ignorant writers of the show. They portray our profession very badly, and make it look like a big action movie. Where are all the obese people at that we lift out of the 2nd and 3rd flrs. of the houses? I'm talking over 300lbs. plus. I guess the "San Fransisco" area don't have obese people. Honestly, how many EMTs and Medics do you know that are physical fit and in shape that do this job full time for over 10 years? That don't have any health issues or surgeries for weight loss? Bringing Out The Dead's, John Goodman and Nicholas Cage, did a hell of a job!!!!!!!! Why don't NBC bring them on the script? too much $$$$$$$? That's it. For my rant. Thank you all. Gotta getta frequent flyer. Have a quiet night!!!! 10-7 on time. reposted from video page by me

• Like 1

how should I start this? hum.. I wish it was really that exciting as depicted by the screen writers. Real EMTs' don't let their cleavage hangout, the unisex uniforms don't look that good on anyone! They didn't even break a sweat while doing FAKE CPR. Whats up with "I wanna try the atropine, to see if it will work"? And I didn't know flight crews were allowed to transport family members and enlist their assistance. Where'd the 3rd crew member go of the flight crew? Illegal sedation of the flight patient, who was A/O? Well we could go on and on, but as professional EMTs, my partner and myself could hardly stomach the extreme load of BS. We've never seen flight crews behave unprofessionally. What's up with the giant gray headsets worn by the street medics? And where in the heavens did BLS and the FD go in the tanker scene? The staging was completely WRONG. They were never there. Maybe NBC should hire some REAL EMTs to help out the ignorant writers of the show. They portray our profession very badly, and make it look like a big action movie. Where are all the obese people at that we lift out of the 2nd and 3rd flrs. of the houses? I'm talking over 300lbs. plus. I guess the "San Fransisco" area don't have obese people. Honestly, how many EMTs and Medics do you know that are physical fit and in shape that do this job full time for over 10 years? That don't have any health issues or surgeries for weight loss? Bringing Out The Dead's, John Goodman and Nicholas Cage, did a hell of a job!!!!!!!! Why don't NBC bring them on the script? too much $$$$$$$? That's it. For my rant. Thank you all. Gotta getta frequent flyer. Have a quiet night!!!! 10-7 on time. reposted from video page by me

wow... awesome structure on your post, real professional

Calm down a bit. It is A TELEVISION SHOW. You can't possibly think they would jam pack everything possible into one episode? You watch tv/movies much? How many of them are accurate? It's entertainment meant to get the attention of viewers. You need action, you need to bend the rules a little, you need to go of course of what really happens to you know... make a story. Think of all the so many wrong things you whine about, and put what really would happen into effect.. how entertaining would that be?

damn people.. never seen a tv show before

Think of all the so many wrong things you whine about, and put what really would happen into effect.. how entertaining would that be?

But see, that is exactly the problem. Most of the things that most of us would like to see fixed would not substantially detract from the appeal of the show. You don't have to get rid of explosions and sex. That too would be unrealistic. But you can't just wear everything out so stereotypically, or your viewers will burn out on it pretty quickly. People aren't as stupid as Hollywood thinks. There is more to cultivating a following than explosions and sex. Character development would be a good start.

But seriously, if you corrected all of the technical inaccuracies in the first two episodes, they'd still be every bit as entertaining, if not more. So why not do it?

Edited by Dustdevil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.