TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

Anyone can get one for a simple $2500 a year.. So.. If I give up my country club dues, I could join the SAG.

AS IF YOU have a membership to a yacht club and have the deck shoes that match your captains hat ?

ROLFLMAO.

Wow, 21 pages on this! I haven't yet seen this show, and I don't really plan to. No doubt it'll be gone after a few episodes. I am surprised how much money they put into advertising. Here in L.A. there's ads for it all over the place.

Wow there sure is a whole lot of hatred for the show on this site!

I agree that its corny and unrealistic, but its a drama, they are all corny and unrealistic. Sure it portrays some EMS workers in a negative light, but as long as we dont attempt to emulate these characters on the job i dont see much harm in it. At the end of the day, the show is about EMS workers helping people.

Of course the show isnt completely accurate, the viewing audience doesnt care about the ins and outs of this business. They want to see intense drama.

I understand some of the displeasure around here, but boycotting a show? Cmon! Its just TV!

• Like 1

I understand some of the displeasure around here, but boycotting a show? Cmon! Its just TV!

And it really, really sucks! It's not even good drama. Law and Order is good TV. Criminal Minds is good TV. Trauma just bites!

Exactly. As already stated here multiple times, the technical inaccuracies are only a small part of the overall FAIL. Even the drama itself fails to deliver likable characters for any audience, EMS or otherwise. Even if they corrected all the technical inaccuracies, it would still suck without major rewriting.

And it really, really sucks! It's not even good drama. Law and Order is good TV. Criminal Minds is good TV. Trauma just bites!

Criminal minds rocks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sure, its no Law and Order, but i find it slightly entertaining. There are much worse shows on television these days if you ask me. There isnt much else on the tube on Monday nights anyway.

Ive been a bartender for most of my adult life, and the movie "Cocktail" with Tom Cruise is a terrible portrayal of what its like in this business. But its still worth watching. "Trauma" feels the same way to me. I agree that the character development needs some work, but people say this about almost every new show, because we have no idea who they are yet.

• Like 1

Ive been a bartender for most of my adult life, and the movie "Cocktail" with Tom Cruise is a terrible portrayal of what its like in this business. But its still worth watching. "Trauma" feels the same way to me. I agree that the character development needs some work, but people say this about almost every new show, because we have no idea who they are yet.

How old are you anyway?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.