TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

It doesn't work - I tried it and it sent me in circles and wouldn't let me send it directly to the opinions dept (hmm I wonder why too much hate mail flooding their inbox?) I did post though so its not closed and admin - I'll take care of that for ya. So if you want to gripe straight to the horse (or donkey in this case) head on over and join the club.

Strange, I just sent one in before I put the link here. Maybe I made them cry with my comments...

• Like 1

lol I'm sure I peed in someone's cheerios with the comments I made but all well. They can get over it or get out.

4) FDNY EMS EMD runs all 9-1-1 ambulances in the city, of which there are about 250 FDNY EMS Command ambulances, with several hospitals running their own ambulances (have the hospital name on the side of the vehicles) as a part of the 9-1-1 system. Some of the hospitals are actually subcontracting private service ambulances (have both the hospital name and the service provider, such as AMR or Metrocare).

(Note that the figures are dated, the current numbers might be different).

Richard, I know we're up to Avg 3000 ALS & BLS calls per day (most days the MDT has job #'s in the 3500's by 23:30, time I sign off). Whatever the number it always feels like we're short a bus or two.

FDNY has added some units but some hospitals have shut down as well, so your total might not be far off.

AMR and Transcare (Metro is gone) runs 911, private and Intrafacility, I think Senior Care and another few do only private and step down. Most of the voluntary hospital EMS (volunteered by the hospital to assist the City with 911 responses ("FDNY 911 Participating Ambulance" i.e. Paid EMS not Mutual Aid System) do purely 911 calls , some of the larger institutions do general, Intrafacility and Critical Care transport as well.

-w

"Do these BDU's make my butt look big?" ... "too much bootie in the pants !" ... That was several years ago, but I still smile every time I think about it ! thumbsup.gif

Our USAR gear is actually pretty good, but it’s this awful custard yellow and as you may know a few in this profession have physiques that trend to the lipid enriched side, so once dressed out they start looking liked plump ripe bananas with helmets…

tongue.gif

-w

Love the pieced quote there - who knows what people just catching the end of this thread that don't know me will think I'm some sort of princess medic. Sooooo far from the truth, but funny to think about !

It's been five minutes - anything blow up yet besides your tv's from the stupidity of the show? On NBC's board - 169 posts on the postitive/fan board to 10,309 negative so who you think is winning? :thumbsup:

The NAEMT voiced their disapproval of the show but when are they going to disapprove of the behavior by persons in our proffesion that the show depicted ?

When is the NAEMT going to suspend a providers certs for sexual misconduct,public drinking, falsifying a report.......etc.

As mentioned, the NAEMT (National ASSOCIATION of EMTs) doesn't have any such powers to wield.

Perhaps you mean the NREMT (National REGISTRY of EMTs)? Would someone who is either EMT or EMT-P in the registry care to comment as to if they have any authority in this type area?

This show left out one Super Duper Magnificently MAJOR point that makes EMS 'EMS'. In neither of the two episodes have I seen multiple fire trucks showing up on scene to remedy EMS' slow response times to medical emergencies. I wrote to the show so that they could fix this major flaw in their show.

Y'all have a great day

/sarcasm

Matty

:D

Haha! Nice call, Matty! :lol:

I can't believe I missed that, but you're absolutely right. Where are the heroes? Where are the fire trucks and firemen we usually have to wade through to do our jobs? Not that I am complaining about their absence, because that would be wonderful in reality! But for realism's sake, I'm surprised they're not in the show. If that's the way it really is in SF, that's a good thing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.