TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

Im not sure if it is or not. :iiam: Anyhow the PM option to admin still works so we can still come out guns blazing if we choose and be a little more direct than general comments, though putting a bit of diplomacy behind it is definitely the way to go I believe. United we stand, divided we fall - applies to the EMS world as well. Remember what we did to that awful show Saved ? And it wasn't even this bad. Tact, but a united stance will go far. :gun:

Come on,

We all know the REAL reason they stay away from “True to life” costume / casting is our USAR gear makes us look fat… laugh.gif

-w

"Do these BDU's make my butt look big?" Yep I can just see females all across the US in EMS calling stacy london from what not to wear about where they too can acquire designer EMS uniforms that are fitted just to us. This bring back lovely memories of shortly after joining one service which provided uniforms that obviously did NOT fit me or another friend of mine well and coming out and telling the chief it wasn't going to work and when he asked why we turned around and went "too much bootie in the pants !" We were both small waisted with a bit of a butt and it was hysterically funny. He turned bright red, started laughing and told us okay we could find some that fit us and they would buy them. That was several years ago, but I still smile every time I think about it ! :thumbsup:

I'm going to respond to a few comments already posted.

1) Helicopter Paramedic "going fishing" for a patient, any patient.

Bad!

2) Ground Paramedic elevates an injured wrist of a good looking woman from a "Green Tag" to a "Red Tag", probably just to have the helicopter Paramedic have a good looking woman on board.

Bad, bordering on evil!

3) Female Helicopter pilot comments that she didn't realize she was flying "Booty Airlines".

Possibly the truest line of the show.

4) FDNY EMS EMD runs all 9-1-1 ambulances in the city, of which there are about 250 FDNY EMS Command ambulances, with several hospitals running their own ambulances (have the hospital name on the side of the vehicles) as a part of the 9-1-1 system. Some of the hospitals are actually subcontracting private service ambulances (have both the hospital name and the service provider, such as AMR or Metrocare).

(Note that the figures are dated, the current numbers might be different).

I watched the first 30 seconds of the show before profusely vomiting all over the rug. I then proceeded to drag myself to the bathroom before succumbing to unbearable dry heaving. I desperately reached for my drug bag and gave myself a shot of Narcan. In the face. I then found the strength to rip myself from the floor and stumbled into the bathroom, frantically wetting myself as I entered into renal failure. I gave myself a triple dose of epi to stay awake as I spent the rest of the night trying to scrub the images of "Trauma" from my mind.

Don't think I will be watching it again. Would much prefer to be doing ipecac shots with the guys.

A link so you can send hate mail :)

http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/

It doesn't work - I tried it and it sent me in circles and wouldn't let me send it directly to the opinions dept (hmm I wonder why too much hate mail flooding their inbox?) I did post though so its not closed and admin - I'll take care of that for ya. So if you want to gripe straight to the horse (or donkey in this case) head on over and join the club.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.