Wales Texting While Driving PSA

I think, while well made, it wouldn't get any American TV airplay, as it is 4 minutes plus long, and way too graphic for US television for the hours when those it is directed at would be watching.

Pity.

Yeah, way too graphic for the laziest, carefree nation... ahh never mind. I'd have to use Crotch's term, pussy, in view of the American television viewer. I'm a US resident, i can say that.. If half of the innocent, yet careless drivers seen some of the things we do, from preventable accidents; maybe there wouldn't be so much unnecessary death and disability.

• 4 weeks later...

I just seen a cop driving down the highway talking on his cell phone, smoking a cigarette in the cruiser without a seat belt on. If they weren't going in the opposite direction, I would have taken a picture of it.

I guess people will never learn will they.

If it's against the law in your area you could always call it in. With the new "street racing" laws (harsh penalties including roadside suspension and vehicle impounding for >50km/hr over the posted limit) the news has reported a few cases of on and off duty Police and Fire being busted.

When I'm behind the wheel of a service vehicle I drive the posted limit unless responding L&S to a call and I don't touch my phone. Not only is it dangerous and potential career suicide if I get into a collision, but I'm representing my service to the public. I don't always follow the rules on my own time, but I sure as heck do at work.

If it's against the law in your area you could always call it in. With the new "street racing" laws (harsh penalties including roadside suspension and vehicle impounding for >50km/hr over the posted limit) the news has reported a few cases of on and off duty Police and Fire being busted.

When I'm behind the wheel of a service vehicle I drive the posted limit unless responding L&S to a call and I don't touch my phone. Not only is it dangerous and potential career suicide if I get into a collision, but I'm representing my service to the public. I don't always follow the rules on my own time, but I sure as heck do at work.

Who would answer the call? Their buddy at the station who will just ignore it. I usually have my camera with me, or my cell phone which is always with me. If I weren't going the other way, I would have taken pictures and sent them to various agencies and people.

I agree 100% with you on not answering the phone while responding to a call. I have a bluetoof ear piece for when I am driving, but if I am working/driving, I do not take personal calls. If I am needed while responding, transporting, treating... I have a radio you can call me on. This however, does not mean I won't use my personal phone at work. If there is down time, I will text people, call people and have conversations. Also call in report to receiving hospitals or get medical command by use of cell phone.

I have heard about the anti-street racing laws up in Ontario. I watched a video about it actually. Caught street racing, they impound your car, and smash it. Personally I don't agree with smashing the car. They are good cars and could be sold else where. But that's just me.

What is interesting is that while you say it will not end up on American TV, similar ads in aussieland have had a positive impact on reducing the road toll.

Interviews with teenagers old enough to get their liceses have shown that they relate to the graphic nature of the ads, especially when used as a reaction to a minor spike in young road fatalities.

We need to stop pandering to the moral minority. This shit happens in reality. If US censors think it doesnt, then they need to have their heads removed from their asses & taken on a shift or 3. Show it, if it upsets the poor little dears GOOD maybe they will be more careful on the roads.

How long do we have to protect our kids? Are the next generations gaurenteed to be wimps cause they are not allowed to make a decision for themselves???????

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.