EVOC Training online

Erick

Online, Driver Training? It's a 16 hour course, or at least it is here.. Take it over a weekend at a public safety office, etc.. and get it over with.

I would love to take the course on-site...but that's why I'm asking, I can't find any courses on-site in my area. I thought I could take the on-line course and then take a class once I'm hired for a ambulance company.

I would love to take the course on-site...but that's why I'm asking, I can't find any courses on-site in my area. I thought I could take the on-line course and then take a class once I'm hired for a ambulance company.

What area are you from? I'm sure someone can help you out.

Our "Blue light " driving course is 3 weeks long, Our basic driving course is 1 week. Neither are mandatory at the moment. In the UK I believe their Blue Light driving course is done when on their Technician course and is 3 weeks also ( I am open to correction on this)

i'm suprised our special friend and self appointed expert on such matters hasn't popped up to offer his 'expert' opinion ....

an online EVOC course seems ridiculous , surely the point of any driving courses ( even if it s shorter than the international standards by an order of magnitude) to to lookat people;s driving...

In this state, they require EVOC every two years. If not provided by the employer, there are various opportunities at fire schools to obtain it. I'm not sure where you are located (sorry didn't get a chance to look), but if you are around indiana, ky, ohio, or tn I can give you some great resources. There is also a college in the area that has an excellent EVOC course that I truly believe no service wide program can compare to and many services utilize them as they have a skid path and full course associated with the state police program. They offer it specific to POV, fire apparatus, or EMS vehicles. That's another common problem is finding something that has the driving portion done within POVs and not emergency vehicles.

I agree the first portion could be done online, but if it does not require a driving lab, then forget it. My biggest issue with EMT basic classes - they don't involve a driving aspect (at least in this area). Many are cut loose without EVOC and may not receive it until they are employed for up to a year, the whole time driving ! Are other states like this or is this isolated to just this area?

How about a four day weekend on the panhandle? :P

Hi (My Name),

At this point the only class that we have scheduled in FL is August 15-16, in Defuniak Springs. I have attached the flyer. If this class does not suite you please continue to check our website, at the link below, for scheduled classes.

http://www.vfis.com/seminars_workshops.asp

Thank you and have a great day!

Kimberly

VFIS Sales Support