EVOC Training online

Erick

I was looking for a website where I can get my EVOC certification? Does anybody know of any websites that offer online training?

hmmmmmmm so you are wanting to learn how to drive an emergency vehicle by taking an online course. That's like a surgeon taking a class on how to take out your appendix through brown Mackie College.

Just find a in person class. You will be a better driver for it.

It would be impossible to have a complete EVOC online. I could see the book part but that is so few hours really makes no sense to go to the expense of starting it. Sorry looks like you will lose a weekend doing it live some where. If you are remote like me might require a little travel, hotel, and meals.

Yes, get a copy of grand turismo with the steering wheel and pedals.. all you need!

what kind of stupid question is this?

If it's so stupid than why do community colleges offer these courses.

http://www.spcollege.edu/ac/sepsi/inservice.htm

Also the reason I was asking is because I wanted to get a job at this ambulance company and they wanted the candidates to make a copy of their EVOC certification, which I don't have one because we didn't have the EVOC courses at my EMT school.

I know they offer these courses at certain ambulance companies and if I get hired I will be on a orientation basis anyway.

If it's so stupid than why do community colleges offer these courses.

http://www.spcollege.edu/ac/sepsi/inservice.htm

Also the reason I was asking is because I wanted to get a job at this ambulance company and they wanted the candidates to make a copy of their EVOC certification, which I don't have one because we didn't have the EVOC courses at my EMT school.

I know they offer these courses at certain ambulance companies and if I get hired I will be on a orientation basis anyway.

An actual EVOC course will require actual driving. If you find one that does not you are wasting your money as it would not be valid.

The reason why it was "stupid" is that this is another example of taking the easy way out instead of going the professional route and doing a full class.

It's like the example I gave. You don't expect a surgeon to learn to take out a appendix by going to Brown Mackie College so why would you want to take a emergency driving class online when you WILL NOT get any driving instruction.

If you want to take the easy way out then go ahead but don't be surprised if you realize that you have wasted your money taking it online when you have to retake the class at your job.

Plus any ambulance service that would accept an EVOC class with no driving lab is not a service you want to be associated with.

Good luck on your future endeavors, I really do wish you luck but you should save your money for online classes that should be online.

Now if the online course has the content on line and the actual lab or driving instruction is held in person then by all means take it online.

The reason why it was "stupid" is that this is another example of taking the easy way out instead of going the professional route and doing a full class.

It's like the example I gave. You don't expect a surgeon to learn to take out a appendix by going to Brown Mackie College so why would you want to take a emergency driving class online when you WILL NOT get any driving instruction.

If you want to take the easy way out then go ahead but don't be surprised if you realize that you have wasted your money taking it online when you have to retake the class at your job.

Plus any ambulance service that would accept an EVOC class with no driving lab is not a service you want to be associated with.

Good luck on your future endeavors, I really do wish you luck but you should save your money for online classes that should be online.

Now if the online course has the content on line and the actual lab or driving instruction is held in person then by all means take it online.

Well the reason I was asking because some employers ask for EVOC certification, but I guess they give the class after you are hired.

Online EVOC course eh? Aside from a merit badge needed to get hired, do you expect to get anything meaningful?

I understand taking a BS course b/c you need it for hiring. I had to get my ITLS for hiring at my job, despite the fact that our education covers it in WAY greater depth then that course. But I still took it with the bunch of pre-service Fire students, showed off during the practicals and sailed through the written. I also had to recertify my CPR, for the fourth time in a year (having taught it dozens of times as well). But I blew through that too as part of the game of getting hired. However, take a quick look under "Ambulance Crashes" on here or Google and you tell me whether you think you're prepared enough to drive safely and professionally that you can half-ass this course?

Driving is the most dangerous thing you do on the job, both for you, your partner, your patient and the public and the thing we are generally the least prepared for in school. I'm sure you worked hard to learn all the things that will help you help patients, why not put the same effort into one of the few things that will help save you?

Online, Driver Training? It's a 16 hour course, or at least it is here.. Take it over a weekend at a public safety office, etc.. and get it over with.