Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Paramedic Confrontation

okmedic

Can't help and wonder that if they wern't a private ems unit that this would have happened in the first place, I mean LAPD wouldn't pull over any of our medic units.

More trolling from the Troll Master.

Are you stupid, or just illiterate?

They're not private. Non-fire does not mean private.

Edited by Dustdevil

I suggest those that continue to state abandonment please read the true legal defintion of what has to occur. As of noon today, there has not been any consideration by the "higher up's" of abandonment. Sorry folks, it just not abandonment to leave your patient alone for a brief period of time.

Think, you ever have more than one patient to tend to?

We are just now awaiting to see if and what Troop Command does.

R/r 911

Not actually. He is really surprised by the + comments and attitudes. There have been nurses and some other health care professional willing to donate for legal funds. I don't believe he is accepting anything. Maurice has been known to rock the boat, as one that is a pro-patient and EMS profession advocate which many do not like.

So the others made him go on the talk show and make those comments?

How much did he get for doing that talk show in at least expenses paid? Is the money for the legal funds being handled in a secure trust or are people just writing him checks? On a couple of blogs there are even comments by "people who know him" that there is a book deal in the works. There's a lot of hearsay from people "who know him". By him making his comments now heard worldwide about wanting the LEOs badge has put him into a new light and now opens his motives up for scrutiny.

He is attacking one LEO that may have stepped out of line. How is that helping EMS? What about those in EMS that cross the line? Why don't other professions demand that they be removed? Many professions leave it up to those in a particular profession to do the right thing because others usually know they do not have enough knowledge to make a career ending judgment against someone in a completely different profession. This may also be a good thing for EMS because some in LE have probably witnessed many things at scenes that could and should easily end the careers of some EMT(P)s but they may put faith in those in EMS that they will do the right thing to police their own profession. Yet, that is something EMS still fails to do in many cases.

More trolling from the Troll Master.

Are you stupid, or just illiterate?

They're not private. Non-fire does not mean private.

What the hell is trolling, look old man I am just saying that maybe the trooper thought they were an easy target to pick on, and being out in the sticks he probably thought nobody would see him act that way let alone be recorded. I can say with 100 percent certainty that this would never happened to me or any of my crew members

What the hell is trolling, look old man I am just saying that maybe the trooper thought they were an easy target to pick on, and being out in the sticks he probably thought nobody would see him act that way let alone be recorded. I can say with 100 percent certainty that this would never happened to me or any of my crew members

Atropine I will be the first to laugh when it does.

Never will, lol, I hope, CHP, and LAPD have other crimes too worry about than messing with a medic unit, these redneck troopers must be way bored or just crazy. :mellow:

Yeah, the LAPD does have a long proud history of professionally dealing with people of color, after all. :-D In fact, I think the band 'Sublime' wrote a song about it at one point.

Never will, lol, I hope, CHP, and LAPD have other crimes too worry about than messing with a medic unit...

Yeah, busy with things like traffic control. They'd never interrupt that to jack up a fireman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LC6oqLhbr0

Never say never.

Edited by Dustdevil

So the others made him go on the talk show and make those comments?

Perhaps encouraged to do the right thing, seriously the "right thing" is for the trooper to admit he was wrong and resign --- the U tube / cam phone world court has passed judgement, his actions reflect very poorly on the other 95% of LEO that are professional and daily show good judgement, its a foregone conclusion as to this LEO's fate now, it is his own undoing.

How is that helping EMS?

In-action could encourage such behavior, again just me but using the terms of endearment "beaking off" or some such other such colloquialism. Personally I get rather "upset" if someone wearing a uniform puts a choke hold on my neck, because I dared to question the actions of a gun toting cop ... don't you ?

Just me but I think this officer has other anger issues and seriously needs council, I highly suspect a divorce is now in the wings as well, and look to the stats about how many LEO "eat their own guns' over issues far less than this .... this officer needs HELP.

What about those in EMS that cross the line?

I don't know of many that don't get fired on the spot ... medics are a dime a dozen.

Why don't other professions demand that they be removed?

And why is the sky blue ? Just to play what "if" or take a devils advocatcy , "insert" a Female Paramedic in the exact same situation ... the outcome would have been entirely different.

Hell, I bet this red neck officer would have used the terms "honey" or "sweetie" or something along that theme.

Many professions leave it up to those in a particular profession to do the right thing because others usually know they do not have enough knowledge to make a career ending judgment against someone in a completely different profession.

Do the LE blatantly assault other professions while attempting to do their duty, sorry not buying into that.

This may also be a good thing for EMS because some in LE have probably witnessed many things at scenes that could and should easily end the careers of some EMT(P)s but they may put faith in those in EMS that they will do the right thing to police their own profession.

Then that LEO too should be removed for NOT doing his duty, one can't have it both ways -- rules of conduct are rules. Seriously we are the worst group for hanging someone out to dry on far less evidence i.e (Your only as good as your LAST call, phenomenon)

Yet, that is something EMS still fails to do in many cases.

EMS is notorious for eating their young and in my hood EMS does over police itself, we have an entire regulatory body and code of ethics that must be strictly adhered too.

As I have stated before the law enforcement agencies I deal with wish to see this individual become a street sweeper and be made an example, after 1 millon hits on U tube ---- the jury has spoken.

Many fictional writings "i.e. books" are based on even more simple observations, just think, a black Paramedic, working on a native reserve, harassed by a White ex drill Sargent turned COP ... matbe call the book "White like Me" ? (a play on words due Paramedics name.)

Oh ... I am one that dislikes the race card intensely but refer to transposition of a Female Paramedic in this exact scenario and then tell me this had no bearing on this LEOs behavior.

Seiously:

A good factual expos'e concerning our Profession would not hurt in the slightest IMHO, but "Turd watch" and "Saved" and "Bring out your Dead" will be very hard to undo.

I don't know much about US law, but in Canada LEO need probable cause and quite clearly from tape that was seriously lacking.

You don't get to decide if the officer arresting you has probable cause, you don't get to decide if the arrest if lawful. You're being arrested, you submit. Period. Anything else is resisting arrest and there is a very fine line before you cross over into assaulting an officer.

I know we often rant and rave here about the abuses of government and "Damn the Man!" and all that. This is one situation where deciding that you're going to wage a one-man crusade against the government is going to get you in a heap of trouble, just like opening fire on a SWAT team breaking your door down is going to get you blown into chunky salsa, whether they've got the right house or not. We aren't all going to be as lucky as Mr. White and get away with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.