Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Paramedic Confrontation

okmedic

Jail seams a bit extreme in this case and if you have spent anytime actually working in a prison you would know that "might makes right" that is all, a trained soldier returning from Iraq against a Medic providing services to the sick and injured ... good thing there is Lawyers in this case.

Actually I have worked in a Maximum Security prison before I got hired by the FD.

Whatever...I didn't specify the type of cell.

What happened to "professionals" and departments working out their differences?

Believe it or not many departments do work out their issues with each other without talk shows and lawyers.

What makes this Paramedic so different that he is entitled to money and fame?

How many times have the LEOs looked the other way when ambulances or known EMT(P)s do stupid stuff with the ambulance or POV? How many times have whackers in their POVs demanded professional courtesy from LEOs and have sometimes been granted it. There I have a problem and that LEO should be seriously disciplined.

'VentMedic'

Actually I have worked in a Maximum Security prison before I got hired by the FD.

Whatever...I didn't specify the type of cell.

Ok off topic but when I have been involved prison riots / fights ... Why do the stop them ? there all scum and cancers on the face of the earth ... just throw in a box of knifes ... and it will ALL get sorted out and in todays economy save a lot of money ... j/k (well somewhat)

What happened to "professionals" and departments working out their differences?

With mass and instant media ... please your kidding me just not the reality today.

Believe it or not many departments do work out their issues with each other without talk shows and lawyers.

Good internal is best for all ... but this was disgrace to ALL state troopers and LEOs I sure would not to have "buddy" back me up on a call, 5 days without pay and a mandatory Anger management course ... I think the Trooper got off way too light .

What makes this Paramedic so different that he is entitled to money and fame?

Honestly I bet White would like to have this go away, I would if it were me, agreed I dont think he should get rich from this but my bet a is a Lawyer is pushing "pro bono" .

How many times have the LEOs looked the other way when ambulances or known EMT(P)s do stupid stuff with the ambulance or POV? How many times have whackers in their POVs demanded professional courtesy from LEOs and have sometimes been granted it. There I have a problem and that LEO should be seriously disciplined.

Ok stupid stuff no matter who should be corrected "with the correct tenor and the correct timing" no matter who is being stupid, just because someone is wearing a uniform does not make it justified.

And I dunno we don't work out of POVs here but I have frequently been offered assistance at a crash site and been thanked by RCMP for even offering assistance, my reg # is so low they are quite pleased I stopped to say hello .. but thats another topic.

Heck 3 days ago I used my "somewhat" restricted RED beacons to protect from further carnage of humans on "a deer suicide fatality" on a very busy Highway, until the RCMP could get there and correctly protect the scene not even a mention of stretching the laws a tad .... but I did get the rather hot female officers home phone number!

wish me luck on improving EMS Police relashionships ... :wub: I guess its up to me now :hug:

cheers

Honestly I bet White would like to have this go away, I would if it were me, agreed I dont think he should get rich from this but my bet a is a Lawyer is pushing "pro bono" .

Go away? Yeah the television appearances say that....

I gave him some benefit of the doubt until I saw what he was all about on his guest appearance on TV.

"Pro bono"? Hardly. Rid was posting earlier about donations to his legal fees. Sorry, I don't believe in donating to help one person get rich and is self serving. By him being able to buy a new car and a big house will not help out EMS.

The attorney will also take a share of the winnings so you can bet they are asking large.

Edited by VentMedic

Looks like my post got eaten, so will try again.

'VentMedic'

Go away? Yeah the television appearances say that....I gave him some benefit of the doubt until I saw what he was all about on his guest appearance on TV.

I have not seen that ... is there a link ?

"Pro bono"? Hardly.

So Paramedic White has enough cash in his bank accout to take Oklahoma State Troopers Lawyers ... I remain skeptical.

Rid was posting earlier about donations to his legal fees. Sorry, I don't believe in donating to help one person get rich and is self serving. By him being able to buy a new car and a big house will not help out EMS.

R/r was quite clear in his post ... but a fellow brother or sister and I too would support ... remember they were going to CHARGE White initially.

Where is crothity when you actually need him .. White is Black ! besides if I were Paramedic White I would need a grubstake to move away .... its only a matter of time before he is stopped again by the "ole boys club"

The attorney will also take a share of the winnings so you can bet they are asking large.

GOOD ... some one chokes me out while trying to do my duty and I would be pissed off too.

cheers

I have not seen that ... is there a link ?

Do a quick search. It is either on a newslink or youtube.

I saw it when it was on one of the earlier newslinks.

So Paramedic White has enough cash in his bank accout to take Oklahoma State Troopers Lawyers ... I remain skeptical.

It isn't his money. He'll spend nothing.

R/r was quite clear in his post ... but a fellow brother or sister and I too would support ... remember they were going to CHARGE White initially.

Where is crothity when you actually need him .. White is Black ! besides if I were Paramedic White I would need a grubstake to move away .... its only a matter of time before he is stopped again by the "ole boys club"

This medic didn't have the greatest record either. If it hadn't been this incident it would have been another and that one might not have been in his favor. His cert might have been in question.

I don't send money to someone just because he's black or a Paramedic.

GOOD ... some one chokes me out while trying to do my duty and I would be pissed off too.

cheers

In this case it take two to tangle and the Paramedic was not without his part in this mess. Don't try to make him out like an angel just becaue he's a Paramedic. There's more to the man than just a patch.

Edited by VentMedic

The trooper was not aware of Paramedic White past when the unit was pulled over and when the confrontation occurred.

Digging up the Paramedics past is irrelevant. Serious, he is NOT the one who attempted to choke down anyone.

Yeah, I know about Maurice's past. I also know the services, the people, and the situation at those services. His methods may not be of my choice, and definitely do not agree 100% of everything he has done or said. I also know some people get tired after a while of the "good ole boy" attitude and when addressed to change, one may get a bad reputation.

All I can say is , when attempting to develop Standards for Critical Care Paramedic, Maurics offered and was professional and alike many here on this forum prefers to want the best qualified and educated. Yeah, sometimes those thoughts also ruffles feathers and if not careful may be called a rebel raiser.... I know I have been accused of being one, but so be it. That is the only way things get changed.

R/r 911

Just thought I would Quote Rids commentary back at the onset ... just to be fair and all.

Just thought I would Quote Rids commentary back at the onset ... just to be fair and all.

Yeah I know, Rid has posted that on every forum he haunts. However that is not the one where he talks about donations to this guys legal fund. I don't know if you get CNN where you are but they are talking about it right now with one of the black rights leaders so you got your wish. It will be totally a race issue as if we didn't expect that. I guess if you don't expect to win one way, the race card is the easiest to play.

Edited by VentMedic

In this case it take two to tangle and the Paramedic was not without his part in this mess. Don't try to make him out like an angel just becaue he's a Paramedic. There's more to the man than just a patch.

Again look to ROOT CAUSE, please stop being the liberal goodie 2 shoes as its not working with me ... the Trooper was WRONG, bottom line the suspension by his superiors prove it ... he used his authority/ badge to be an asshole.

I never said or inferred Paramedic White was an ANGEL but whatever "past incidents have occurred" absolutely NO bearing in this STOP, hey we all have faults and this is why I quote R/r, I am a Paramedic/ RRT without borders ... honestly after 21 days in Baton Rouge (hell don't tell crotch I said this) but YES racism is alive and is thriving ... its bilateral BTW ... a white coloured Paramedic and this would NEVER have got out of hand to this degree.

BUT AGAIN someone/ anyone chokes me out for zero reason and no matter what badge he has or colour and there WILL be repercussions, seriously back at the start of this thread, as I stated empirically if I were a family member ... that Trooper would still be in farking Hospital!

My little sister is RCMP so put that in your liberal pipe and smoke it, and she thinks he should be run out of town on a rail for disrespecting HIS badge and I agree.

Honestly MY immediate family would have put the boots to the "ole boys club trooper" if that was My Mother was in the back ... the minimum have my shotgun pointed up his nose.

Vent are you intentionally trying to piss me off .... let the courts and Lawyers settle it now !

And Yup I say PLAY the race card in this one ... it IS Oklahoma after all, white red neck troopers abound ... make a legal point and that will ACTUALLY make a difference in the long run.

Did you see Dr. Bledsoes commentary ... well, I will stand beside HIM any day.

cheers

Yeah I know, Rid has posted that on every forum he haunts.

Well I have disagreed with Rid on many occasions ... but haunts ?

Nah thats just disrespectful.

As a Canadian I sure can agree with the Black leaders on this one .... did you hear when the trooper called Paramedic White ..... BOY?

GO GET EM I say!

Edited by tniuqs

I have followed this issue closer than most, and I have seen absolutely nothing substantiated from the Paramedic's past that holds even the slightest relevance to this situation. If I have missed something, please link it for us here.

Well I have disagreed with Rid on many occasions ... but haunts ?

Nah thats just disrespectful.

Disrespectful?!! Where do you get that? Rid belongs to several forums and you never know which one he is going to show up at and when. He keeps his need on the invisible mode so you never know when he is around. It is even a little joke in some of the chat rooms. I don't get your comment about disrespect at all. If anything you are just being ridiculously oversensitive to this issue which is a hideous display of egos on all parts.

As a Canadian I sure can agree with the Black leaders on this one .... did you hear when the trooper called Paramedic White ..... BOY?

GO GET EM I say!

Great so all I need is to get someone to call me something derogatory, like I haven't heard already, and I can go on TV and make my fortune? Tempers flare in levels of stress. Yes this wasn't the best of situations but do you really want to hold such a vindictive grudge and hate LEOs or cause turf wars? Cops probably don't want this LEO as the poster child for law enforcement anymore than I want this Paramedic to be the poster child for EMS. I believe his motives are self-serving and probably has had every chance to meet with the LEOs to settle this but has already gotten a sniff of money. The fact that he is using the race card instead of using a medical professional argument gives him a broader audience with certain members of the black community to his backing. Sorry but in all of my years in EMS and the discrimination I went through in the 70s, I still did not feel compelled to use my ethnicity or gender as a reason to cry foul when something didn't go my way.

Dust, I already know your attitude about cops.

Like I said, I don't agree with the way this cop handled himself in this situation but now the issue has become how they have handled themselves since. The Paramedic is going to burn himself when motiviated by greed and race issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.