Is Racism Still Alive In EMS

crotchitymedic1986

Have you heard or used the "N" word at work in 2008 ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • only by other African Americans

Maybe this will help you-- its from the EEOC website:

http://search.access.gpo.gov/eeoc/SearchRi...mosexual+rights

Homosexuals do not have any rights. here is the list of "types of discrimination" from the EEOC website:

Disability

Equal Pay

National Origin

Pregnancy

Race

Religion

Retaliation

Sex

Sexual Harassment

If you read anything on that website, particularly under the sexual harrasment page... sex is a blanket term not refering soley to gender.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as i just posted on the other page, "refusing to hire a homosexual is not sexual harassment, just like not hiring a woman because she is a woman is not sexual harassment -- it is gender bias, which is covered by EEOC. But as I asked the other person, please call the EEOC and ask them (they may even have a 24 hour hotline you can call), dont take my word for it.

P.S.: I have participated in 6 EEOC complaint resolution meetings, so I am pretty well versed on EEOC.

And perhaps this is why this should be one thread. Since Crotchity is going to make the same faulty argument in both.

Not sure how you can be so well versed if you don't even know the right terminology.

Not hiring someone for any reason is called discrimination. Not hiring them based on sexual orientation would be discrimination not sexual harassment.

I love that there was a new thred started so we can discuss the other thread :lol:

I got an idea for a pole

How about we scan all the recent threads that have done nothing but pi$$ everyone off, and degrade this once-professional forum, find out who started them all and ban the prick just like what happened to Iamyourgod! :evil:

discrimination and bias are interchangeable terms to the EEOC --- I am the one argueing that it is not sexual harassment.

While I may have my terms mixed up your also saying that gays have no rights... and that discrimination does not cover hiring and firing... which have been proven otherwise.