Is Racism Still Alive In EMS

crotchitymedic1986

Have you heard or used the "N" word at work in 2008 ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • only by other African Americans

This was not my idea, but someone who was answering in the homosexual discrimination post, asked why I wasnt talking about racial discrimination ? So I told them I would start a thread about it. Does racism still exist in your organization or are you predjudiced towards african americans ? Here are some sample questions to help you figure it out :

Workplace:

1. How many african americans are employed in your workplace ? If you dont know the number, you can guess a percentage ?

2. How many african americans are in leadership positions in your organization ?

3. In 2008, did you hear any person in your workplace use the "N" word or tell AA jokes ?

4. If you looked at all of your transports and refusals, would you have a higher number of refusals among african americans than you do whites (you might be shocked by the real data, so think before you jump to a conclusion --- AA refusal rates are usually double whites, even though they are only a small percentage of calls).

Personally (If you are white, answer these questions):

1. Have you used the "N" word or told an AA joke in 2008 ? That includes all the Obama jokes.

2. How many african americans have you dated ?

3. Did you marry an african american ? Would you ?

4. In 2008, I invited ___________ (how many) african americans to my home for dinner.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was not my idea, but someone who was answering in the homosexual discrimination post, asked why I wasnt talking about racial discrimination? So I told them I would start a thread about it...

Your kidding right? Why start a whole new thread... here are your exact words from homosexual discrimination post!

You are totally missing the point, this isnt about sex,its about discrimination. And unfortunately EMS/Fire is still mostly run by homophobes.

So your origianl thread was first about homosexuals being discriminated against, then it wasnt about sexuality at all... then it evolved into equal oppurtunity employment.

Maybe, we should just have ONE thread, covering work place discrimination?

I have to disagree, I thought about it, but they are two different animals. I think mixing the two could be confusing, if there is anyone who has the guts to be pro-discrimination. For instance, someone who is super-religous, could have a problem with homosexuality (the bible still condemns it, I think). But you cant use religion to be against african americans, I dont think. And as stated, African americans have protection that homosexuals do not.

I will grant you that one Mike, as long as you would be willing to tell the same joke in front of 4 or 5 brothers who dont know you. If you do not wind up dead, then I would say the joke is OK. If you wouldnt dare tell it in that company, then I would say it is probably racist.

But you cant use religion to be against african americans, I dont think. And as stated, African americans have protection that homosexuals do not.

I am completley failing to see your theory on homosexuals having no protection. If someone gets fired for being a minority and someone gets fired for being homosexual they will both have to prove thats the case.

THEY BOTH HAVE RIGHTS!!! Its a matter of proof. Lack of evidence does not mean that the rights go out the window.

Maybe this will help you-- its from the EEOC website:

http://search.access.gpo.gov/eeoc/SearchRi...mosexual+rights

Homosexuals do not have any rights. here is the list of "types of discrimination" from the EEOC website:

Disability

Equal Pay

National Origin

Pregnancy

Race

Religion

Retaliation

Sex

Sexual Harassment

as long as you would be willing to tell the same joke in front of 4 or 5 brothers who dont know you. If you do not wind up dead...

Does that test work as well with jokes about Jews who don't know you? If not, why not?*

If you wouldnt dare tell it in that company...

Oversensitivity knows no absolute racial boundaries, although political correctness has fostered a robust industry of victimology. I don't need to take a poll to know that jokes about Jews and Catholics (not a race, but makes the same point) are more acceptable than jokes about blacks. Of course, they're funnier, too.

Oh-oh! Can I say that here? :oops:

*No fair saying "But Jews know everyone!"