Is Racism Still Alive In EMS

crotchitymedic1986

Have you heard or used the "N" word at work in 2008 ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • only by other African Americans

I will grant you that one Mike, as long as you would be willing to tell the same joke in front of 4 or 5 brothers who dont know you. If you do not wind up dead, then I would say the joke is OK. If you wouldnt dare tell it in that company, then I would say it is probably racist.

Isn't this statement racist in itself?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Let us recap:

1. 50/50 on use of the "N" word in your EMS workplace recently.

2. Few African Americans in your company or in leadership positions.

3. No one has invited an AA to dinner.

4. No one has dated or married an AA.

And now you want your only AA kicked off the island --- that sounds about right,

YET THERE IS NO RACISM LEFT IN EMS. GUESS YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT, YOU HAVE PROVEN ME WRONG AGAIN.

Just remember:

Racist in glass Klanrobes, shouldnt throw stones.

Crotch I find offense in your last comment. You are lumping everyone in here who has not commented or has commented as racist or members of the Klan.

this entire post is offensive to me and I urge admin to lock this one.

You yourself used racist terms in a previous post.

You again bring in a thread to intentionally start some sort of shit storm and when you are called on things you evade the questions asked.

I for one am done with any of your next threads. All they do is divide this group and you may think you are doing this group a favor, I for one won't bite.

Two of my best friends are black, and they both happen to be homosexual. I have never dated a black woman but that does not make me racist and don't think about accusing me of being racist based on that.

I have not told a black joke, or italian joke, or woman joke, or asian, jewish, starfish, nemo, mermaid or shrek joke this year. But I've heard them all. I just choose not to repeat them.

I'm done with these threads since your intention so far is to invite dissention.

Obama is the president. I'd call that progress. Just in case anyone is saying that individuals of differing skin color never get anywhere... just figured I'd throw that out there. Now... the issue as I see it...

The problem with minorities entering fields requiring some higher level of education is not a "white man keepin' me down" problem, as much as many would like to say it is. It is a problem of the culture of poverty and the failure of certain cultures to realize that one must value education in order to advance.

I grew up in an inner city neighborhood, rife with drugs, gunfire, poverty and general misery. (Next to the liquor store, so I saw and heard it all.) Whether the individuals in question happened to be Black, Latino/Hispanic, Asian or simply poor White, the problem was the same... education of one's children and one's self was not valued. A certain few individuals realize that education is the way out, and avail themselves of the ample opportunities provided to those of disadvantaged status... but then they find themselves caught in a bind between their own culture of upbringing and the newer, educated culture they have entered. Many become alienated, and in an attempt to find a new niche, abandon their childhood peers and even their own family, because they are ashamed that they cannot convince their compatriots to join them. They are often branded "race traitors" or "you've become White" regardless of ethnicity. It sucks.

Individuals who attempt to accuse the White race for oppression fail their colleagues. There is a history of oppression in almost every ethnic, religious, racial, or otherwise categorize-able group's history. Those who continue to blame history only bind themselves further from remedying their own problem. It's not a race issue. It's an education and culture issue.... and until vociferous racists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton among others are removed from the pedestal of "advocacy" the cycle will continue. It will be a long and hard battle to convince undereducated and impoverished people that they must value education for their children if they hope to bring our nation out of the mess it's in... and it needs strong leaders, not knee-jerk reactionaries who like to cloud the issue because they hold a lot of resentment within themselves.

I've said my piece.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

umm wendy, dont care what color you are, your sexual orientation or what ever.

I would be honered to be called your your friend.

period.

And I was not saying the use of the Nword is OK if AA say it. But I asked if you heard or used it at work, and it is possible that you may have heard AA saying it, so I put it in a different category.

quote]

Interesting so an admission of a double standard ?

Funny how that works isnt it ?

An N can call another N but if your a fucking Whitey ones a raciest.

cheers

so who exactly who is the raciest here again ... i am so confused.

Woah dude!!! Chill out man, i dont like this bloke as much as the next but thats pretty high even on the bushy scale :shock:

Didn't know a turnip could get angry! :D

umm wendy, dont care what color you are, your sexual orientation or what ever.

I would be honered to be called your your friend.

period.

That's easy for you to say. You're not a journalist. :wink:

That's easy for you to say. You're not a journalist. :wink:

I guess not dust.

sorry.

ps bite me .. lMFAO.