lost by a popularity contest

darkangelx66

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i have been accused of that, but if I thought I knew it all, i wouldnt need to come in this room to find answers to my questions, or debate your counterarguments. Although you may not appreciate my style of delivery, I am entertaining, but then again so is wrestlin on TV.

If you'all havent tried the "Canadian Position" in sex yet, you should.

THats where you do it doggiestyle so both can watch wrestlin on TV.

If you'all havent tried the "Canadian Position" in sex yet, you should.

THats where you do it doggiestyle so both can watch Hockey on TV.

Fixed it for yah. :wink:

you know what, all of you want to bad mouth the volunteers and how unprofessional you think we are well let me tell you this. The paid emts in my town are some of the most ignorant assholes that i have ever met. when me and GVAC-redneck get 911 calls in our city, our patients tell us how rude and unprofessional they are. and another thing that happened is that the paid emt told there patient that the volunteers will pay for his/her bill for shits and giggles. so that makes me wonder about you paid emt's. i have been told countless times how much the volunteers are appreciated and how people would rather have the volunteers. and after all of the negative posts of the volunteers i am under the assuption that all of you paid emt's just do it for money and not to help people. you all might hate me for "whining" on this site but i know why i would rather volunteer then get paid. i rather not be hated by all my patients

If your patients can distinguish Volunteer from Paid that's an issue in itself. Distinguishing, 1 patch from another is one thing, but if you are quotting patients as saying "they would rather the volunteers" the entire system is horrible. With this in mind things like standard of care come to mind how do they play a role in your system?

Not that I want to reduce myself to a pissing match, I just have to say for every time you can site a volunteer going above and beyond, I can name someone from one of my locally paid services doing the same or better. EMS needs to get away from pissing on one another, and treat the bottom line which is the patient.

Supervisory positions, promotions, paid, volunteer, municipal, private, does not matter if we are all delivering the standard of care. When my family is ill or injured, I only hope for skilled providers not one service over another, not one supervisor over another.

Everything else that I think is rude, crass and arrogant so I will save that for my next EDP! Just kidding :)

Oh yea, and volunteers and volunteer agencies should be done away with case and point ... Crown Heights Riots. Google it...

I know I read that. I barely understand more than one service under the 911 umbrella for the same geographic area, let along multiple volunteer services in a major city.

All in all I would have to say there are at least 15-20 Services in the 5 boroughs/area's that make up NYC area.

To explain everything about how the system around here works it would be quite lengthy and wouldn't really assist this thread.