lost by a popularity contest

darkangelx66

1. Do I have any management training --- the boy scouts do not count, sorry ? Have you even completed all of the ICS modules ?

I would argue that an Eagle Scout has more leadership experience at his age than most of his peers. It definitely shouldn't be used as the only proof of leadership experience, but it should point towards leadership potential.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they did a MySpace search and saw the eyebrow piercing, black goth clothes, eyeliner and chains, and decided they may need someone more professional?

:lol:

Yeah, that could be one of those situations where what you post on the internet could influence what others think. Remember for the future, employers will pay background checkers to do an internet search.

Yeah, that could be one of those situations where what you post on the internet could influence what others think. Remember for the future, employers will pay background checkers to do an internet search.

I defintly did the guy wrong by not looking at dates..... but if he had applied for a job here he would not have gotten it based on what I saw, even though it was my fault for not seeing the date... he would have suffered.

My second thought on this: I tried the goth thang when I was about 15, I am sooo embarrest I have thrown all the pictures away from that year. If I had a MySpace that had the content on it that he does I would erase it in a second.... it may lead a person to believe he thinks it is OK to be viewed like that since it is not erased.

Just sayin' some people are pretty judgemental!!

My second thought on this: I tried the goth thang when I was about 15, I am sooo embarrest I have thrown all the pictures away from that year. If I had a MySpace that had the content on it that he does I would erase it in a second.... it may lead a person to believe he thinks it is OK to be viewed like that since it is not erased.

Just sayin' some people are pretty judgemental!!

People should be judgmental over the people who make up their organization's leadership. The leadership is the official public face of the organization. What's going to happen if he needs to go to a public meeting or event to represent GVAC? What if someone influential starts poking around and comes across his Myspace page? What conclusions are they going to make by tying his current Myspace page (regardless of the age of the pictures) to his current agency?

I defintly did the guy wrong by not looking at dates..... but if he had applied for a job here he would not have gotten it based on what I saw, even though it was my fault for not seeing the date... he would have suffered.

He just joined the forum. You have the option of not posting your myspace site if it is not current. He may not realize how some things can influence others' decisions. While the Goth look may just be a fashion statement there are some that view it very differently and choose a very different lifestyle to accompany the clothes.

Well, if it's like any other incorporated voluntary service. There is a board of directors and the members sit as stockholders. All those in good standing have a vote to decide who is in charge. Then nothing was done wrong.

If you want to go for it next year, take some officer courses, maybe become an instructor in something. But if you stomp around, whine and complain when you don't get your way, they will want to stay away from that. In fact, if I came in here and found a member posting something like this, using our service name.. The only position I'd vote you for, is off of the property for 60 days. Maybe sit and think, ask yourself how you can become a better leader, how you can improve your relationship with your peers within the organization.

I always say, just because a person has skills, an education and can do the job properly; that doesn't mean they'll be the better leader. I look for the person that can offer their personal best in all categories. I've met people that were horrible EMT's, but had very good leadership skills.

Well I had no idea :shock: ... NO wonder I didn't get that cushy Government job :?

I am so screwed ..... LMAO!

Ya know: I used to think the Goth thing was a bunch of wierdos too, working in hospital and being approached if they could observe an autopsy... pfft. Then I watched a documentary, firstly, the average goth type is above average intelligence, just a trendy thing to do (as Ventmedic commented) like grow your hair long and protest in anti (whatevers) but they do suffer from lower esteem but because of association with others they (as most teenagers) need to find a sence of belonging, like bot scouts, football teams but the crap in the face I can do without , I must be getting old .

But hiring or promotions based on popularity or based on diversity thing, I so have to disagree with that, age discrimination does excist out there but it works both ways, too old, too young ... the best one is OVER Quailfied wtf is that ?

cheers

I've been an EMT about 2 years, I average about 10 calls per shift, 4 shifts a week ... that's about 2000 patients ...

Maybe I should apply !

By the way GVAC is where jerillyn/beegers/whatever her name is now on here, volly's so one phone call to her and im sure she could enlighten us to exactly what the situation is ..

http://gvacnj.org/

if anyone wants to browse around ..

I've been an EMT about 2 years, I average about 10 calls per shift, 4 shifts a week ... that's about 2000 patients ...

Maybe I should apply !

By the way GVAC is where jerillyn/beegers/whatever her name is now on here, volly's so one phone call to her and im sure she could enlighten us to exactly what the situation is ..

http://gvacnj.org/

if anyone wants to browse around ..

The kids looking for advice, not a new career. But I guess it's hard to stop a boulder once it has started rolling down a hill though, eh?