Why Are You Guys So Scared ????????????

crotchitymedic1986

Post after post, i see that 200 people have read it, but only a handful ever type a response. Look down the line of all the current threads --- very few responses, but lots of reads. I know it is better to stay quiet and let them wonder if you are stupid, versus speaking up and proving you are stupid, but there is supposed to be some dialogue here. Speak UP !! Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With many (hundreds to thousands) posts under our belts it is unlikely that we are scared.

I will speak for myself, the reasons I do not respond to some topics are

Someone has already said what I wanted to say

The topic is U.S. only

The topic does not interest me

The topic is way over my head

I don't have time to each topic respond thouroughly, so I only respond to the ones that chap my a$$ or make me laugh

And lastly..... sometimes I/we get sick of repeating ourselves. Als vs Bls debate anyone?? Didn't think so.....

As someone who is almost always told that I talk too much (I resemble that remark!), sometimes I don't speak, as I may not have anything to contribute.

All the reasons for reading but not responding are all true, besides, didn't our parents, and some grandparents, advise us all we have 2 eyes, 2 ears, and one mouth for a reason?

OK....

I have not seen a post or comment in recent visits to warrant a response. The topics tend to be a bit repetitive and simple at times. I don't have the time to participate in witless banter at every turn..More often than not these are nothing more than "pissing contests" and simple inflammatory arguments.

This comes to mind: "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."-Mark Twain (?)....

I am all for an educated, learning experience. A lot of topics here do not meet this criteria and seem to be started for the sake of starting something, nothing more. Then I think perhaps, just maybe, I set my standards too high? I think this is not the problem.

I know it is better to stay quiet and let them wonder if you are stupid, versus speaking up and proving you are stupid, but there is supposed to be some dialogue here. Speak UP !! Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

I believe the quote is: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -President Abraham Lincoln.

I'm not sure, but perhaps this applies here.. :shock: (Topic??)

Once again, there is my opinion.... :)

As someone who is almost always told that I talk too much (I resemble that remark!), sometimes I don't speak, as I may not have anything to contribute.

All the reasons for reading but not responding are all true, besides, didn't our parents, and some grandparents, advise us all we have 2 eyes, 2 ears, and one mouth for a reason?

BUT YOU HAVE 10 FINGERS, so you should type 5x as much as you read ---LOL . All answers posted so far are valid, but to me, it seems like there are about 25 regular posters of topics and hundreds of readers. I am not advocating that you respond to every post, but rather I would like to see some of these readers get off of the bench, and put some good topics on here.

This comes to mind: "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."-Mark Twain (?)....

I know it is better to stay quiet and let them wonder if you are stupid, versus speaking up and proving you are stupid, but there is supposed to be some dialogue here. Speak UP !! Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

I believe the quote is: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -President Abraham Lincoln.

I'm not sure, but perhaps this applies here.. :shock: (Topic??)

Once again, there is my opinion.... :D

Like many already said, what I would have said had already been posted. In some rare cases the debates and arguments had gotten ridiculous, especially if it was causing the OP to be hi-jacked. And no, not everyone has an opinion. If you don't care about a certain subject or you don't have anything else to add, why post anymore? I don't know about any others, but I've read topics and saw where the conversation was going and just didn't want to bother with it. And there's been some topics that were so ridiculous, they didn't deserve a reply.

There's some topics that even though I had not been doing any posting, I like to monitor and see who had what to say.

For the most part, I don't see where fear is an issue of not posting. I remember when I first joined, (which my one year anniversary for being here is coming up on the 31st) there was one guy that had issues with how many people had read his topic, and for how many less replies there were for it. I guess he figured that everyone that read his topic should have replied. He acted like he was insulted I guess. But I can't remember who it was, or what it was about. So I doubt if that person is still around and the topic couldn't have been that important.

As far as that goes, right at this time, this topic has been read 159 times, but only 9 of us had anything to say. Go figure.