Disaster team assembly for Gustav

akflightmedic

My God, what a country of complete whiners. America is a FREE country. No one is telling you to live where there are tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes. It's a choice. It's a choice to drag your butts to these places and put yourself in harms way trying to help all the people that were too stupid to leave when they had warning.

I've been through hurricanes before. I checked on my family, my neighbors, and I spent time evacuating people to areas where they were less likely to be harmed. I did my part. Other people did their part. We took care of it, and we took care of each other. We didn't whine about what we lost, and live off the tax-payers for years following. We got over it, rebuilt and moved on.

Remember Katrina? Remember the National Guard helicopters? They shot at them. Those people were flying in supplies because people were too stupid to evacuate and they shot at them. Screw those people. I'm not killing myself to help someone like that. Likewise, I get sick and tired of lazy people sitting on their rumps calling 911 for butt pain, and pitching the story about how they lost everthing in Katrina and I OWE them a free ride to the ER so they can run up a bill they will never pay.

I have seen this all first hand. I've seen our violent crime rates rise because of the refugees. Not a month after Katrina one of their refugees shot and killed several innocent people at a hotel in my town. They were commiting burglaries, stealing cars, and vandalizing within in my community after they were taken in and shown compassion for their losses.

Now this time around, again there are "voluntary" evacuations. So there will once again be people that refuse to leave. When it's all over they'll cry and whine about how many are dead, how their homes are destroyed, and they'll take up camp in a large arena and trash it while robbing and beating other morons that wouldn't leave.

I'm glad you reported me for having an opinion. It shows how close-minded and sensitive you are when your only defense is to go and hit a report button. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. I bet there are a lot of people that share my opinion about this but they are just too scared to be seen as insentive monsters so they remain silent. That's the big problem with this country these days. It's full of a bunch of liberal, touchy-feely whiners.

Hit your report button. I didn't violate any terms. Besides, it's a website, get over yourself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annie:

Lets put this in a better light the US is not the only area affected right now, besides I could use a few good Cuban Cigars .. lol.

From CNN: There is an voluntary evacuation order in place for N.O. ... FEMA has learned to be proactive and this could save one heck of a lot of lives this time.

Maybe the Canadian Relief Fundation or Global Medics will be helping out in Cuba ? (speculation on my part) I am contacting as we speak ... so stay tuned, one needs the paperwork in place, cipro and doxycycline (personal use) and all the immunizations for that area.

You are now on my list Annie, when the going gets tough the tough get going !

cheers

Remember Katrina? Remember the National Guard helicopters? They shot at them. Those people were flying in supplies because people were too stupid to evacuate and they shot at them. Screw those people. I'm not killing myself to help someone like that. Likewise, I get sick and tired of lazy people sitting on their rumps calling 911 for butt pain, and pitching the story about how they lost everthing in Katrina and I OWE them a free ride to the ER so they can run up a bill they will never pay.

I have seen this all first hand. I've seen our violent crime rates rise because of the refugees. Not a month after Katrina one of their refugees shot and killed several innocent people at a hotel in my town. They were commiting burglaries, stealing cars, and vandalizing within in my community after they were taken in and shown compassion for their losses.

There were at least 1.4 million people that didn't shoot at the helicopters and evacuated before Katrina. Most had little to come back to. I would suspect many of them are hard working honest people. Some were probably families of those in EMS, FDs and PDs.

The volunteers and rescue personnel are moving into place to help evacuate people like those in nursing homes and hospitals. Do you realize the resources it takes to move sick people safely? The facilities and hospitals will be seriously strained with the large number of just patients that require continuous medical care. Even those of us in Florida are assessing our hospitals and see what we can do if people need to come our way or if we can take on more from another hurricane on the East Coast.

No one is saying your not entitled to your opinion... Im sure we all saw the news reports and that many of us were also there as well.

Its more so that you sound like you only care about yourself (referr to your comments about prior comitments being in a "comfortable environament) and that you should be the deciding factor of who gets help and who dosnt? I dont like 9-1-1 abusers either but you know something, untill there is some system that can put a stop to it (which I doubt will ever be possible or at least 85% successfull) we have to continue to do our jobs and treat every patient with a proffesional manner.

Likley you didnt have a say in thoes people being boarded in your home and surrounding communities... and unfortunatley you dont have a say in how these people act or how it will change your community. For that Im greatly sorry, for you, your family and everyone else whos had to deal with it. But not everyone there is a crimminal... what about the victims? I suppose they just had it coming to them right?

Im not going to tell you you dont belong in the healthcare system... Im not that type of person. But I will say this... everyone that steps in my ambulance gets the same ammount of respect and care be it a child who was struck by a car... or the person who hit the child. If I hated people, Id look for a new job.

Yesterday (Friday 29th) they activated the 'SURGE teams' in my Pennsylvania region to go and station in Louisiana. There are many good EMT's and Paramedics that I work with that are going down there to help people they don't know.....all out of the dedication to providing care to those in need.

God bless and watch over our brothers and sisters who are putting themselves in a place of potential disaster and bring them home safely..... and say a prayer for all those who will lose part of their lives to this event. :)

Here's one for irony: Having a person complain about 'bad apples' in N.O. when that person themself has shown their own qualities to be that of a 'bad apple' on this thread.

If you're going to point out the negative things about the people, take a look in the mirror. No one is perfect, and Lord knows in our career that this is unfortunately all too true. Just keep in mind the people who are good and do depend on us to help them. I am sure there's good qualities in you, too. Let them show. :wink:

My company sent 3 trucks down with 2 medics and 4 EMTs, very dumb, we have no employees here and have blown so many calls. Personally we should be worried about our town and contracts :roll:

We sent 10 down for Katrina, 6 came back sick after a series of shots, no thank you, Ill pass.

Good luck to all that go down!

Sooooo, pulling this trainwreck back on topic.... Does anyone know how I can volunteer, or better, get paid to go help in either LA or TX? Any links or 800 numbers besides the first post? OTF-1 has contacted our county Fire Cheif's Assn. and Ohio is trying to send 400 EMT-Ps. I'm a B and our station can't send an ambulance but my services are availible and I want to know how to help... Seriously help.

The company I work for deployed yesterday morning with 6 medics and 2 trucks with a fly car to follow with extra clothes and equipment in the morning. Bang's Ambulance also sent 2 trucks and 6 medics. And management at Erway is working on a second deployment list which will deplete us by 2 more trucks and 6 more medics.

Im sure that Greater Valley has been activated as well through Bradford-Susquehanna Strike Team as well as Western and Memorial.

Those of us who are staying behind are picking up more hours than we should probably sanely handle, but its about making sure that the community is covered with the EMS system that they have come to expect not about whining about tax dollars.

People get desperate when they have lost everything, now that doesnt excuse the behavior but you have to understand thier point of view.

As of about an hour ago, Gustav is a cat 4 almost a cat 5. New Orleans wont be able to withstand another storm of that magnitude, it hasnt recovered from Katrina and Rita, and with Hannah right behind it, I have a feeling that its going to be a long haul for those that have deployed down there.

Now we could all sit in our safe, warm homes with everything and everyone we love around us and say "Thank GOD that isnt me!!!" or you (EMS49393)could stop whining about how your VERY parttime ems pager is driving you crazy and shut it off, go sit in your climate controlled ED and dont give the people who DO care about helping others a second thought. But there are those of us who will, without complaint, step up to the plate and take care of business. Because, once again, the Gulf Coast and Florida are going to need help and thats what EMS is all about....helping people in crisis.

Personally I feel it's kind of a waste of time to go trolling down to "Help Out". There are gonna be so many health care providers, FEMA, DMAT teams, state disaster executives etc, etc. everyone will be standing around telling "war stories and beating their chest.

30% of the people didn't come back after the first one, and hopefully those that live there now are planning on evacuating, but like the first time, probably not.

I don't think it's gonna be the big show as it was with Katrina.

Although those headed down there be safe and take care.