Baby Delivery So Easy an EMT Can Do It

spenac

Ok so this morning I read the article below. It pissed me off. Not because he delivered but because his ignorant statement, "I wasn't nervous at all” .

Is he so stupid that he did not realize the danger his child was in being premature(under 3 pounds)?

Is he so stupid he has no idea the risks his wife was in?

Obviously the education system is lacking where he is at. I have delivered way to many babys in the ambulance and at the hospital and still get nervous despite the fact I know in most cases I am only catching the slime ball.

I understand being excited as a parent but come on this guy is either lying or just stupid.

I hope them and the baby the best but come on.

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/news...y_on_Plane.html

New Jersey Mom Ends Vacation By Giving Birth On Plane

Marti Parham, Keri Carpenter

Jet

2008 Jun 23

NEW YORK -- When most people end a vacation they feel relaxed. For the very pregnant Jacel Brown, the labor was just beginning.

Brown, of Sicklerville, NJ, was returning from a vacation in the Philippines with her husband, Daniel, when she went into labor 37,000 feet in the air, www.todayshow.com reports.

On the 14-hour flight back to New York, Jacel, seven months pregnant at the time, began feeling ”excruciating back pains” that worked their way to the front. The emergency quickly called for her to be moved from coach to business class.

Daniel, who trained as an emergency medical technician during his stint in the Coast Guard, couldn't have been more excited to deliver his child, who came earlier than expected.

”I wasn't nervous at all,” Dan said on the morning news show.

”I was actually excited to have this happen. I'm sure my wife wasn't, but I was actually quite excited.”

Now that the hard part's over, the question still remains about Baby Jadan's citizenship. The Gloucester County Times believes Jadan may be eligible for more than one citizenship. Technically speaking, Jadan was born when the plane was flying in Canada, but then the fact that he was on a Korean flight during the time of his birth also has to be considered.

Parents Jacel and Dan-who combined their names to make their newborn son's name-said they aren't concerned with their just-under-3-pound baby boy's citizenship. They are more concerned about-and thankful for-Jadan's apparent good health.

Though the brave parents want to bring their newborn home this month, doctors believe that he won't be able to go home until July. But, as Jadan likes it, that decision is up in the air.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on spenac, if a caveman could do it so could this guy.

I don't think he was really concerned about the 2 months early, just more concerned for his baby and wife.

I guess when you are 37K feet in the air your options are extremely limited. It's not like you have a OB kit in the plane? You take what you can get and if all you have is a bunch of blankets, a medical kit the airline offers and the support of the HOT flight attendants you do what you can with what you have.

I don't really see what the big deal on this one is.

Come on spenac, if a caveman could do it so could this guy.

I don't think he was really concerned about the 2 months early, just more concerned for his baby and wife.

I guess when you are 37K feet in the air your options are extremely limited. It's not like you have a OB kit in the plane? You take what you can get and if all you have is a bunch of blankets, a medical kit the airline offers and the support of the HOT flight attendants you do what you can with what you have.

I don't really see what the big deal on this one is.

Actually was not news worthy. But I am still pissed at his arrogant or ignorant statement. I understand doing what needs done but come on. I was not nervous riiiiiggggghhhhhhtttt.

well if he was in the coast guard, he must have faced hundreds of death defying instances in his career in the coast guard and this was a cake walk.

did ya notice that they named the kid a combination of their two names.... that always bugs me.. for this guy, it's all about him.. His head is up his a** and there is no room in there for thoughts of others - even his wife and child.

Believe me, I'd sure been nervous, even scared. Only 28 weeks out of 45? Under three pounds? Did he even think of possible respitory distress? I know they had no option of where the baby was born, but there were a lot of potential problems. He must not have thought of that. I'm just thrilled that everything did work out OK. Bless them all.

Gosh I hate to be a nit picker firedoc but I can't help it - full gestation is 38 - 40 weeks... doesn't change the fact that the kid was early .

Point well taken. I think I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking strait. Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.