Uniforms?

BVESBC

It never ceases to amaze me how these uniform threads always turn into a debate about badges. :P

BADGES? We don't need no stinkin' badges.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wear light blue button up shirts (the supervisors wear white). When I first started with the agency, the only pants available were regular, dark navy blue pants. Nothing more than two pockets in the front and back.

About 3 years ago, they entertained the idea of switching to polo shirts and let the field operations employees vote on whether they wanted to stay with the current button up shirts or switch to polos. Luckily, the majority voted to keep the former. My personal opinion, and I don't mean to offend those of you that do wear polos, is that they don't look as professional. Again, that's only my opinion.

They eventually gave everyone the option of choosing between the original pants and the cargo pants. I stayed with the originals. I don't carry anything on me other than my pager and radio. Anything else that I may need (i.e. scissors) is easily within my grasp.

We are not allowed to wear sweatshirts or t-shirts. If it's cold, the only things that we can wear are the issued jacket or the commando type sweater. If you wore a turtleneck with the sweater, it had to be white or navy blue. If it's cold and we want or need to wear a beanie, it has to be navy blue. Absolutely no exceptions. That was enforced after we women decided to add a little color to our hats. :laughing6: I was really disappointed to have to give up my cute little orange and baby blue beanie. :cry: *sniff sniff*

So, there you have it. The uniform policy is pretty strict, but all in all it works and we look professional.

Alright I will throw my hat into the ring. We wear white blauer cool max poly cotton blend button down with epaulets name badge department badge state credentialing name badge and award bars(optional) as our class b normal work uniform. Our class c daily work uniform, you can wear b or c no big deal, is the blauer polos with sew on name plate, sew on, department badge service patch, and cert patch. we wear those with either blauer ems trousers or the 4 pocket uniform trouser. Our button down shirts must be creased and pressed. boots should be polished, and pants should be pressed. class a uni is the long sleeve button down with 4 pocket trousers and tie and all the award bars badges and brass you have been issued. for cold weather we have the green blauer coats and also can wear the wool sweater or a blauer fleece.

Wow, do you work for the military or something?

haha... no I just work for a service that believes in looking the part. You know the whole if you look it you must be it thing. Doesn't matter to me if they wanted me to wear a pink tutu and bunny slippers with little wings I would as long as my pay check, my pension, and my benefits kept going in and I still got to be a paramedic.

Seriously though, I think if your service wants you to look professional, then look professional. We all want to be in this business and we all want to be good if not great at it, then who really cares about a uniform. Let's talk about other things like services eliminating intubation and External Jugular Vein Cannulation. Or services that do not do 12 lead Interpretation or teach 12 lead interpretation. Sorry I will get off my soap box.

But if the machine can interpret the rhythm, then why do we need to train the providers to do it?

I wonder what the accuracy is on those machine diagnosis?

When the Zoll monitor would go on the fritz at one of the services I use to work for, everyone was A-Fib with RVR. Now with a population of 86,000 and every single pt we ran a 12 lead on...good ol doc in the box :roll: . lol

We all want to be in this business and we all want to be good if not great at it, then who really cares about a uniform. Let's talk about other things like services eliminating intubation and External Jugular Vein Cannulation. Or services that do not do 12 lead Interpretation or teach 12 lead interpretation. Sorry I will get off my soap box.

Which are great subjects for another thread, this thread is about UNIFORMS. Hence the title 'Uniforms' not 12 leads or ETI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.