Uniforms?

BVESBC

i think all firefighters and emt's should be dressed accordingly to proform the job weather it be a duty shirt or tee shirt

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fire chief who was so obsessed with the differentiation between the ranks of firemen and officers that he made sure that firemen could only wear light blue t-shirts and officers could only wear white t-shirts. AND you had to wear the appropriate t-shirt when wearing or not wearing a uniform shirt. And a t-shirt was mandatory.

This guy was a regular OCD :jerk: And was proud of it.

until just a few months ago, my department supplied us with, a black button down ems shirt. and ems pants,all line officers were white shirts. along with that we also got 2 black squad shirts. now everyone is wearing white ems shirts, with department patch on one arm and emt patch on other. you have the option to wear a badge, and caller pins. as an officer they ask you to wear your badge to determine officers on a call.in the winter you can wear a job shirt, or some thing along the lines of one. every one kinda puts together there own uniform in the end

I know...

Hey... Canada's largest (and therefore best) EMS service can wear t-shirts from between May 2-4 and Labour Day. I have like 20 of them, we get 4 new a year.

Admittedly I look like a bum when I wear it (Hello ma'am, what's your medical emergency?), but it's comfortable. You don't really have much to play with when your uniform contract goes to the lowest bidder.

I'm still disappointed that they put out on SOP banning jumpsuits at the beginning of this year. That was a big hit for me. Amazingly enough though, on any day in the city, I bet you'd find 15+ different "styles" of our uniform...

We have several uniform standards as well in my organisation. Our "formal" uniform is a light blue flying cross button up shirt, complete with all that BS brass, that I find not only ugly, but dangerous. The casual shirt is a navy golf shirt. Pants are either EMS or BDU style. I personally wear the EMS pants, not because I like the pockets, but because they look a little more refined. Our officers wear white shirts, either style.

I wore my favourite uniform while working critical care ground transport. We had scrubs. Functional, easy to don and doff, easy to clean. I can see how they wouldn't be practical in an EMS setting.

We are required by policy to have one clean uniform at our base station at all times while at work. There is no excuse to get contaminated and not change. Besides, other peoples cooties are just plain gross.

you have the option to wear a badge, and caller pins. as an officer they ask you to wear your badge to determine officers on a call.

Just wondering, what type of department (EMS based fire suppression?) are you working for? Furthermore, is there so many problems in your service that they feel that there needs to be an officer on every ambulance?

Furthermore, is there so many problems in your service that they feel that there needs to be an officer on every ambulance?

And, is your agency so huge that you guys can't tell who each other are without badges? I mean, after all, you have to be right up in somebody's face to read a badge anyhow. Sounds like your agency has bigger problems to deal with than badges.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.