Uniforms?

BVESBC

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use a white class A shirt with either 6 pocket EMS pants or 4 pocket trousers. I prefer then 4 pocket. I think they look more professional. We are supposed to wear either a leather belt with a brass buckle or a velcro belt. I don't; I use a rigger's belt, mainly due to the extra security it provides in retention, more comfort, and can be used in a variety of ways for field improvisation.

Oh, and we have badges and collar brass.

Russell

With my very first serv. (volly) of course, they had those stupid orange and white smocks in the summer, very embarrassing. When it got colder we did have the light weight jackets, but mid-winter, anything went.

But with my first pro job we had the "Dukes of Hazzard" shirts. Light blue with dark blue pockets and lapels. For pants just those "Dickies" brand from Wal-Mart would work. But since I was on the "skinny" side they thought they'd be funny and bought me a boy's size 18 Garanimals pair of pants. I didn't care. I bet I wore them for two years.

We use a white class A shirt with either 6 pocket EMS pants or 4 pocket trousers. I prefer then 4 pocket. I think they look more professional. We are supposed to wear either a leather belt with a brass buckle or a velcro belt. I don't; I use a rigger's belt, mainly due to the extra security it provides in retention, more comfort, and can be used in a variety of ways for field improvisation.

Oh, and we have badges and collar brass.

Russell

Oh, I can definitely tell where you work. Let me guess a caduceus on each collar, brass name plate right side, and badge left side. Oh yeah, award pins above name plate. Topping it all off with that hideously ugly new patch that Aaron designed. :wink:

I also preferred the 4 pocket slacks better than the poor fitting 6 pockets.

we're issued regular ems pants. we get short sleeved button up shirts, navy blues, with our crests on the shoulder. i would take any dark colour over any light colour in this profession. a bit of blood etc, can be hidden (although still noticible) but on a light shirt it'll look like a freakin axe murder! lol. but thats just my opinion. i dont mind the short sleeves (we are issued long sleeve mock turtle necks for colder weather) as i'm pretty careful about bsi.

i have seen some intersting variations in colours etc. i've seen tan and black jump suits and uniforms that were alright, but then they looked similar to some local mechanic uniforms lol!!

I've seen where some services requested white uniforms....why? And if I remember right every one of them regretted it later.

i would take any dark colour over any light colour in this profession. a bit of blood etc, can be hidden (although still noticible) but on a light shirt it'll look like a freakin axe murder! lol. but thats just my opinion. i dont mind the short sleeves (we are issued long sleeve mock turtle necks for colder weather) as i'm pretty careful about bsi.

That's a big contradiction.

You're pretty careful about BSI, but if you can just hide the blood on your shirt, out of sight, you'll still wear it all day? Ugh! You're disgusting! That is EXACTLY why no other colour but white should be worn by EMS. Because too many pigs will continue to wear a dirty dark shirt.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.