Quiting Smoking- HELP

Well, lots of my co-workers had to quit smoking this year because the medical director outlawed smoking at all hospitals and EMS stations. Lots of people have had great luck with the Chantix, with minimal side effects. They were handing scripts for it out like candy over the summer for EMS workers.

Another one of the female paramedics went to a chiropractor for smoking cessation treatment and she stopped cold turkey, after smoking for five years. I don't understand how or why that works but she swears it worked.

Good luck with your efforts....if nothing else take a trip to the nursing homes and visit the COPDers. That might provide some good motivation. It keeps me from even trying it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I did it. Got a script for Chantix today. The Pharmacist that works with my wife spoke very highly of it. He said that it was not a 100% thing but it's got a better track record than anything else that has come along. He also said that the only adverse side effect that he was told personally was nightmares and vivid dreams, which I already have anyway. So in about a week I'll let you know how it's going. I might be posting from a rubber room or one of those places that don't let you have sharp objects, but I hope it will be better than what I had tried before. [-o<

Drugs are for girls.

Real men go cold turkey.

Thanx for the support and encouragement. :thumbup:

Better Solution, Send your pack to me, everyday. Then you will know that they are not being wasted!!!

Well...if you smoke Kool menthols.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.