Quiting Smoking- HELP

Thanx everyone. :salute:

I think my next doc appointment I'm going to demand Chantix. :naka:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here ya go, Boss. Just plug in "smoking" where any addiction is mentioned.

:roll:

Sorry Mike, but not with you on this one. When you are done with this website be sure to give your house, your children and any income you will earn in your life to the nearest religious organization.

Quitting smoking is hard. It takes the average individual seven attempts to be successful. That means that many people take more then that to finally get over the addiction. I have no idea what Chantix is but I suggest that you use any help you can get. We have a drug called Zyban (Buprion) which may or may not be the same thing???

Every time you try to quit you will learn more strategies on how to stay quit. Each attempt is not a failure but part of the learning process. There are many websites out there that will offer you suggestions on how to quit. They are mostly helpful, but of course lifestyle change is always difficult to implement because it isn't easy and we are all looking for the easy way. Start exercising.....you will notice how SOB you are. Believe that it doesn’t have to be this way. You can feel good when you exert yourself. Also, it minimizes wt gain and gives you some uplifting brain chemicals. Love yourself, your body. Treat yourself like a child that needs caring for...feed it the right foods....make it exercise even if it doesn’t feel like it...do the laundry when it needs to be done and clean the house....your environment has an amazing effect on your psychological state. And know that you are worth living in a nice and clean environment. Don't smoke indoors. It's nasty. its dirty you stink and you never get away from the unhealthy atmosphere- also your kids or pets or roommates don't deserve to be slowly killed by your self destructive indulgence.

And if none of this convinces you know that you WILL die a horrible death. You will be unable to catch your breath...you will be panicked and as scared as you have ever been in your life...you will slowly suffocate and you will know that you made a decision, many many decisions in your life that brought this state upon yourself...and no one will be able to help you.

I recommend the patch. 8)

Don't waste your time on that hypnosis crap either. A good rule to go by is that if it appears to good-to-be-true it is. There is no 'easy' way.

not with you on this one. When you are done with this website be sure to give your house, your children and any income you will earn in your life to the nearest religious organization.

Sorry, didn't follow.

Quitting smoking is hard.

What you've persuasively said, including what I didn't quote, seems consistent with Jack Trimpey's approach at rational.org - but I don't claim expertise.

I don't know how many times I've tried quitting. I'd guess-timate no less than ten. I've never been real fond of hypnosis. Is Zyban like Welbutron? That's what they put my father on he tried quitting. But he was/ is a four pack-er a day. One doc asked why he wanted to quit. He'd been smoking so much for so long that any damage that may occur has already been done. Even though I've only been smoking not quite ten years (which is still too long), I've probably already had some damage due to too much house fire smoke. So I might have already had some damage before I even started smoking.

Thanx everyone. :salute:

I think my next doc appointment I'm going to demand Chantix. :naka:

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01788.html

FDA: Chantix's Link to Neuropsychiatric Complications 'Increasingly Likely'

The FDA has issued a public health advisory on Chantix (varenicline), saying, "it appears increasingly likely that there may be an association between Chantix and serious neuropsychiatric symptoms."

The smoking-cessation drug, still under review by the agency, may have additional warnings added to its labeling.

The FDA announcement emphasized the following:

Before starting Chantix, patients should inform their clinicians about any history of psychiatric illness.

Providers, patients, and their families should monitor for mood and behavioral changes during and after Chantix treatment.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01788.html

FDA: Chantix's Link to Neuropsychiatric Complications 'Increasingly Likely'

The FDA has issued a public health advisory on Chantix (varenicline), saying, "it appears increasingly likely that there may be an association between Chantix and serious neuropsychiatric symptoms."

The smoking-cessation drug, still under review by the agency, may have additional warnings added to its labeling.

The FDA announcement emphasized the following:

Before starting Chantix, patients should inform their clinicians about any history of psychiatric illness.

Providers, patients, and their families should monitor for mood and behavioral changes during and after Chantix treatment.

On the other hand smoking will kill you or make the life that you do have shit because you can't breath. And Michael did you read the website? Quote: "AVRT is simple, quick, and easy ­­ so much so, that it may seem "too good to be true." " No offence but everything they say in the FAQ is pretty much the exact opposite of what I said and believe.

Yes, Buprion aka Wellbutrin aka Zyban are all the same drug. It can cause seizures however the more common side effects are insomnia and increased sex drive. Which med are you going to ask your doc for now? :lol:

Admin: your spell check program is almost worse then my natural spelling deficits.

On the other hand smoking will kill you or make the life that you do have shit because you can't breath. And Michael did you read the website? Quote: "AVRT is simple, quick, and easy ­­ so much so, that it may seem "too good to be true." " No offence but everything they say in the FAQ is pretty much the exact opposite of what I said and believe.

Yes, Buprion aka Wellbutrin aka Zyban are all the same drug. It can cause seizures however the more common side effects are insomnia and increased sex drive. Which med are you going to ask your doc for now? :lol:

Oh sure, make it easy on me. #-o

Decisions, decisions... :-k [-o< Guess I'll be doing some more reading up.

I am very much against smoking cessation programmes. They are detrimental to our society.

What happens is, people quit smoking and then are able to blend back into society as if they were normal human beings. Then, as they begin to successfully assimilate, they begin to cop an attitude, like they are as good as the rest of us. And the younger generation, ignorant to the history, accepts them as such, breaking down our social mores at the very foundation.

A much better plan is to simply ostracise smokers from society. Give them hell at every turn. Make their lives as unbearable as they make ours. For, without a repressed minority (smokers represent less than ten percent of American society), we will fail to evolve as a society.

It's us against them. I'm on our side.

Now, if the government would just send a few of those cigarette tax dollars over to EMS...

I am very much against smoking cessation programmes. They are detrimental to our society.

What happens is, people quit smoking and then are able to blend back into society as if they were normal human beings. Then, as they begin to successfully assimilate, they begin to cop an attitude, like they are as good as the rest of us. And the younger generation, ignorant to the history, accepts them as such, breaking down our social mores at the very foundation.

A much better plan is to simply ostracise smokers from society. Give them hell at every turn. Make their lives as unbearable as they make ours.

Have you been talking to my wife? :violent3:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.