Would you stay in EMS ?

Would you stay in EMS ?  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I would stay
    • No, I would leave

YEa .. i would. i love it way to much... hell don't tell my bosses but i would even do it for free, but i do prefer to be paid.

The care i give my PT's has nothing to do with the uniform or my ambulances lights and sirens. I get more action off duty than on anyway, so i guess maybe i am doing it for free ...LOL

I will admit that i do like playing with the siren and the lights.

Race

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our "uniform" is just black EMT trousers and a dark blue polo shirt with the company logo on the left chest. We don't wear patches now anyway. I get my satisfaction from patient care, not dressing up.

Our "uniform" is just black EMT trousers and a dark blue polo shirt with the company logo on the left chest.

Ugh! I wouldn't wear that for free! I wouldn't wear that for $40k a year! :pukeleft:

Yes... as long as the checks keep clearing....

I definitely would. I am only a Volunteer (I hate the term Vollie) right now, but hope to do this as a profession after I retire from the military. I have enough of patch a doo-dad envy in the military, so I do need to worry about that on the outside!

Sarge

I wouldn't volunteer to do it... I don't like it THAT much.... :lol:

I would stay in. Don't care about the lights (Truthfully), Don't care about patches or pins etc. Don't care about the uniforms as long as my employer pays for the clothes I ruin at work. Just let me do pt care and have aggressive protocols.

The poll has closed so I can't vote as such. My vote would be that I would stay in it. I think something like this needs to happen anyway. Too many whackers out there who are in it because they get their jollies off by driving L&S from or to a scene where the pt. is code green (flu/cold) type. Or these people casually throw out that they are EMT's in a discussion about this, or that, or the next thing. Health care providers could be a CNA in a nursing home, and I don't hear alot of people bragging about their job at the old folks home. So, yes, call everyone health care providers, eliminate the stickers, license plates, and doodads. Make it a federal mandate. Then see if anyone drops out of the profession because they are tourists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.