Would you stay in EMS ?

Would you stay in EMS ?  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I would stay
    • No, I would leave

p.s. Tibby;

My wife partially paid her way through college as a D.J. and now has her own music machine.

Her sound machine and lights are way more fun :lol: !

Always good to have something in common with your spouse! :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I told my dad who referred to EMS as a "fun" job and he though I just wanted to play with lights and sirens and listen to a radio all day, I told him it really all boils down to pt care. The uniform, lights, sirens, and paycheck are just added benefits of the job. Id still do it w/o a uniform and w/o all the gadgets and gizmos. If EMS were just a hobby that people did for fun we wouldnt have all the problems that we do now. But for most people it has been a calling and a duty to act.

-Alcomedicism

Uniforms are so everyone in an agency can be recognized by their outfit, as they will all look alike.

Having said that, I have responded, off duty, to calls wearing a stained t-shirt, cut off jeans, and beach sandals, started treatment on the scene, and assisted the on duty crews. I have also seen some of my friends in neighboring VFDs respond, wearing swimsuits and sandals under their firefighting safety coats!

For safety when responding to calls in your emergency vehicle, no matter what agency, or type agency, remember not to depend totally on the lights and siren, as some damn civilian will still collide with your vehicle, and blame you for the collision, claiming you were not using the emergency lights and siren until after contact with their vehicle! No joke, I've responded as backup for a cop car collision, with the cop car being vehicle 3 of a 5 cop car convoy, all traveling in full emergency status (lights and sirens activated) when #3 was struck.

I don't do this to get dressed up.

I do it to help people.

All I need is enough pockets or room on my belt to hold my stuff.

So they could keep my uniform(s)..

..but had better not try to narrow my protocols.

-Trevor

;) We all know that we are not in it for the lights/sirens and we are REALLY not in it for the money. We are in it cause we are special people, god created us especially for this job.

I think EMS is an awesome profession...why right after I joined I gots to learns my lettas and mys numbas..now its all good...who cares what I wear, some days, I wonder if its not just Halloween everyday. I don't even care what they calles me. Jeesh, they could even call me ASSHOLE, like we calls mosts of da nurses in da areas... ;) :wink: :idea: :!: :arrow: hahahahaahaha!!

ACE

Its not the uniform, or flashing lights that help people. Its the person that wears the uniform.

I would stay in EMS regardless if we couldnt wear uniforms or whatever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.