Just Plain Ruff

Do you believe in Global Warming  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • It's a crock of poo
    • I don't have a clue nor do I really care

It could be fact or fiction, but consequences if it's fact are too great to dismiss.

O_RLY?

What about this indisputable evidence?

pirates-vs-globalwarming.jpg

Now, are you sure you really want to stop global warming? Do you really want your progeny living in daily fear of their lives from plundering pirates? And we all know that, wherever pirates roam, ninjas are not far behind. The choice is simple: maintain global warming, or surrender civilisation as we know it to marauding bands of thieves and assassins. It’s a no brainer, dude!

If you think the above is any less credible, or any more ridiculous than global warming, you’re wrong. Now, back to serious discussion.

If it ends up being fiction, then we've still done nothing but good for the earth and our progeny. Win-win!

O_RLY?

So, we stop the warming forces that ended the Ice Age, keeping them in check for the next two hundred years, and what do you think will happen to our progeny? They'll freeze their arses off, is what will happen to them. You call that a win? The Netherlands my stay afloat, but it will be uninhabitable tundra. Not really a win for them either.

Listen up, folks. Here is your indisputable fact:

• If you think you're big enough to push the Earth, good luck. But when the Earth pushes back, and we end up in another Ice Age, your progeny are going to be really, really pissed off at how stupid, arrogant, and short-sighted you were to believe that you could predict the future with a mathematical model that completely ignored all historical fact to the contrary. They will burning Al Gore in effigy in the streets just to keep warm.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust man (wonder how many posts have started that way),

Yar missing something. Even if we get rid of all cars and all factories on Earth, we won't reverse the effect. We're not advocating reducing ozone levels to those lower of what we had before the Industrial Revolution or advent of cars, trains, and airplanes. We're never going to undo it to the point that we into an early ice age.

We don't know if man will always survive...we're the only example we have and we haven't been around long enough to see how we fare.

Dust, -25 points and 1 credit for a serious talking for using the logical fallacy of correlation and causation. You know better than that. I think we'll have to re-think your slumber party this weekend too, young man.

You don't see me claiming that we only developed nuclear weapons AFTER women got the right to vote, do you?

You don't see me claiming that we only developed nuclear weapons AFTER women got the right to vote, do you?

Are you claiming that there is no co-relation? :shock:

Think about it. There were no race riots before slavery ended. Coincidence? I think not!

Carbon credits and carbon offsets are different things. Carbon credits is the legitimate [at least in my opinion] trading of polluting rights between industrial companies. This is a legal process that is regulated by the government

Carbon offsets is where you give money to a company [say, a tree farm] and that company essentially tells you that your money is worth taking x amount of carbon out of the air. There are no regulations covering this and no legal benefits. It's simply a way to feel better about polluting.