Just Plain Ruff

Do you believe in Global Warming  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • It's a crock of poo
    • I don't have a clue nor do I really care

Sawheet! I love basset pups. Does yours trip on his/her own ears? :)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boy does he ever

He walks then trips, then walks then trips. He's a trip ha ha

but he's so sweet and loving but get him barking in the middle of the night and he's enough to wake the entire hood.

I'm not too sure that carbon credits are not a joke either because it basicallly allows a company who knows that they are going to pollute more than what they are allowed but they buy their way into compliance.

The thing about carbon credits is that it puts a market price on pollution. Since companies that need/want [lets face it, some necessary industrial processes will always pollute] more credits buy them from other companies [not the government], it provides an incentive to decrease pollution since the company would have more credits to sell or would be able to decrease the amount that they have to buy. It's more of using the market to regulate then the feel good measure known as carbon offsets.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything will kill you. I remember when several food items were declared bad for us. So I said I guess I'll just live on water. Next day water was declared deadly. So I decided if it all will kill me I will just drink scotch.

That reminds me of an old West Texas cowboy. He was raised drinking Rye whiskey. He was about 60 and had never had a drink of water. A couple of fellow cowboys decided to play a joke so they milked a rattlesnakes venom into a glass and added water. They gave the drink to the old cowboy. He drank it and thanked them. A few months went by and the old cowboy came across a crystal clear spring. He thought back to how good that water he had been given so he climbs down off his horse, kneels down gets a handful of water takes a sip and dies. Moral of the story water is bad for you stick to the hard stuff and you'll live to a ripe old age. Look at George Burns smoked and drink hard stuff and was like a thousand years old.

Look at George Burns smoked and drink hard stuff and was like a thousand years old.

Dude, you must be Catholic.

You're confusing Jesus with God. :D

I've got a good joke about this.

A man was walking along and saw three ancient looking men on a bench. He stopped, marveled at their endurance, and chatted them up.

"Excuse me," he said, "I don't mean to be rude, but can I ask you gentlemen's secret of a long life?"

The first one smiled and said "I'm a farmer. Every morning I get up at 5 am, milk the cows, work all day in the field, and then have a simple meal before bed. And I've lived to be 87."

The second one said "I do 60 push ups and sit ups before breakfast, I don't smoke, I've never touched alcohol, and I've been married for 60 years to the same woman, and I've lived to be 92."

The last one of the group had to lean forward so his whisper of a voice could be heard. "I've done every drug known to mankind. I drink a pint of Jack Daniels everyday, sleep with a different woman as much as possible, I listen to loud music, drive fast, and never look back."

"Oh my, and how old are you?" asked the young man.

"I'm 23," came the reply.