Just Plain Ruff

Do you believe in Global Warming  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • It's a crock of poo
    • I don't have a clue nor do I really care

Carbon credits and carbon offsets are different things. Carbon credits is the legitimate [at least in my opinion] trading of polluting rights between industrial companies. This is a legal process that is regulated by the government

Carbon offsets is where you give money to a company [say, a tree farm] and that company essentially tells you that your money is worth taking x amount of carbon out of the air. There are no regulations covering this and no legal benefits. It's simply a way to feel better about polluting.

Both are scams allowing companys to avoid cleaning up their act. I don't know about global warming but, I see, smell, and sadly taste the pollution in the air. Make companys clean up their act at least it will be better for our health.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jp thanks for that clarification.

Carbon offsets are a joke.

I'm not too sure that carbon credits are not a joke either because it basicallly allows a company who knows that they are going to pollute more than what they are allowed but they buy their way into compliance.

But if the government is running them then they have to be a good thing and they have to be run right then?

Since when did the government run anything without a problem?

Carbon offsets are very important to the earth. By offering carbon offsets caring and environmentally friendly companies all over the planet are making our planet better.

Take for instance...

[align=center:2795935537] Scaramedic Inc's Methane Pollution Reclamation Project.

One of the largest causes of Global Warming is the gas Methane. It is responsible for Hurricane Katrina and the fall of World Trade Center #7. I know your asking yourself but what can little ole' me do?

Well, Scaramedic Inc has an answer. One of the causes of methane is human flatulence from eating Mexican food. Scaramedic Inc will help offset your personal pollution carbon footprint by planting environmentally friendly flora and fauna.

For the fee of just 5 cents a fart or a flat fee of $29.99 a month for you flatulent types (like firefighters), you can help save the planet.

Just call 1-800-FARTSRUS AND HELP SAVE THE CHILDREN. [/align:2795935537]

[align=center:2795935537]031212.jpg[/align:2795935537]

Scaramedic. I don't fart much but can I buy offsets for my elderly dog? He farts all the time??

One day at band camp, he farted so badly that I smelt it at band camp which was 40 miles away from where he farted.

I'd also like to buy offsets for my basset hound puppy and then some offsets for the odor in my bad case of bathroom after a particularly nasty round of mexican food.

can you give me a price quote for all those?

You have a basset pup?! You lucky son of a gun. Pictures!!!! :)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

You have a basset pup?! You lucky son of a gun. Pictures!!!! :)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Ok I have a couple of pics on the computer here that I didn't realize I had.

how to I put in a image without going to a website. I just want to put a single picture in the post.