Do you believe in Global Warming  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • It's a crock of poo
    • I don't have a clue nor do I really care

^

Since when did other governments doing something mean that the US should do it also? I guess Iraq Part 2 was wrong. After all we could be doing what other countries were doing and exploit the oil for food problem. [just an example]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I was not clear Anthony, I'm all for doing the recycling and all that but when and if WHEN they start to require us to really conform to the suggestions of global warming advocates which have yet to materialize but if a certain political party gets in office the requirements will come, I have an issue with it.

When the biggest global warming advocate of all has a huge carbon footprint and is asking us to tighten our belts and make changes yet doesn't demonstrate the willingness to do it too that's when I get a little miffed.

I'm not knocking him for being rich and having a large carbon footprint, if I was that rich I'd probably have a big carbon footprint but until those advocates who have these huge energy consumption and fly on private jets and the like start to slim down then I'll do my part but don't tell me I'm not doing my part.

I agree the gw (that's global warming not George w) is a problem but I'm not convinced that it's all man made. I'm not even convinced that it's truly a problem. There are charts produced by the other side (the convenient truth side) that disprove much of what Mr. Gore was saying in his movie.

Even the previous director of the WEather channel has come out strongly against global warming saying that it's just not happening like the proponents of GW are saying it's happening.

offsets are a joke. Just because you can afford to buy credits does not mean you are reducing your carbon footprint. They actually encourage you to make a bigger footprint

carbon offsets

they are credits that companies get every year on how much discharge or waste that a company can spit out without suffering a fine by the EPA or some other governmental agency.

One company may have 100 credits which they will never use 100 in one year. So those companies sell unused credits to other bigger polluters for BIG bucks.

So Owl Gore buys 5 credits from Cargill or from Bayer and he can put out so much more carbon and emissions etc.

It's sort of an insurance policy against fines by the government

Here are some links for you Anthony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_offset

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/48e334ce-f355-11...?nclick_check=1

The last article shows how much of a joke carbon offset credits are.