12 Lead EKG Analysis

cfaulknor

And what were your qualifications?

Hmmmm...open book, memorize signs and symptoms, then drive real fast. ...

I guess, all chest pains are AMI until proven otherwise ? I guess some have never heard of pleuritic type pain, or chest wall pain.. even in traumatic injuries. There is a difference between treating accordingly and treating them appropriately.

R/r 911

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prehospital treatment doesn't change.
In LACounty, it's pretty much this way. What will make a difference is whether the EKG says ***ST Elevation*** or not, if so they go to a cath lab. No critical thinking required, unfortunately :-/

vs , tearing CP doesn't mean that it is a disection. ACS can also present with tearing CP. Just because the pt thinks it might be tearing, could mean it feels more like crushing to the next person. You don't know. It is up to you if you want to withhold ASA, I do know this, ASA decreased mortality by up to 26% in MI pt's if given right away.
FF523, you're really missing out on the point...he's saying if you have a suspicion...he didn't simply say that tearing=dissection. You're taking things to equal either A or B...without allowing for critical thinking

I believe that he requested that you cite the article with a webpage. Anyone can write down a stat, you need to show the actual webpage so we can all go and look at it.

23% reduction of mortality at 35 days post MI. I found it, now you can ER Doc.
Dude, you cannot possibly post a message and not cite your reference and expect anybody to give you any reasonable level of respect. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a stupid or ignorant person, but comments like this one are just plain unprofessional and unwarranted.

Fire when did you get back? You vanished for a while until this thread came up.

It's amazing that you demanded from many of us on this forum to prove our certification or knowledge base yet when asked the same question you have been unable to come up with the same.

You also get bent out of shape when people call you on the carpet but you have no problem doing the same in return.

I think that until you give us the answer to the question we have asked over and over again that we should no longer respond you your posts. But wait, we would become the spiteful brats that you have proven over and over that you are.

Come clean, are you really a medic or are you a medic student overstating your credentials like Somedic was.

I am way too busy to be cutting a paisting all day so I can make you happy, go find it!!
hmm, it appears you are actually stupid and arrogant :?

23% reduction of mortality at 35 days post MI. I found it, now you can ER Doc.

Two problems with this post.

1 - No reference, could be made up, could be from bs source. But even if legit fire you are missing the point, you need to treat the patient, even when only a basic and then as an intermediate I was taught to evaluate what my patients S/S and treat based on that. Even my paramedic course emphasis treating patient not the machine. We are being educated to use all our senses then to develope a plan based on that patient. MONA is to cook book.

2. Comes from a FF, which means he probably went through one of those test taking training centers, not an actual education facility. See that wasn't nice to have a statement made about you w/o backing it up. Back up your statements.

Whats with your attitude dude? Did someone hurt your feelings and now you want to take it out on everyone? Come back to reality and back your statements. I am all for differing view points. If you have seen my posts you know I like to get people to think out of the comfort of the box they live in. You know I don't care whos toes I step on.

So now get in gear or quit wasting our time and space.

Can we now get back to discussing 12 lead?