Whacker Quiz

AnthonyM83

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you CAN do EMS for a hobby there will be people who WILL do it for a hobby.

Bingo! And that is my point exactly!

Don't hate the playa.... 8)

The game is good. It is the playas that are farking it up! :wink:

Dust you are right. I did this while in a meeting that was putting me to sleep so my point scale might not be all correct.

My point was, the more of something you have like shirts, big belts, number of scanners, wearing your uniform in public when not on duty, and some others prove the whacker effect.

and if you have ever been at a bar when the tones went off and you responded then you my friend are a Whacker.

YOU ARE 7% WHACKER!!!

NOT AN OUNCE OF WHACKER IN YOU. A LITTLE WHACKING IS FUN, TRY IT SOMETIME!!! BUY A BLUE LIGHT, OR PUT AN EMT STICKER ON YOUR CAR. YOU NEED MORE WHACKING IN YOUR LIFE.

Regarding scanners....I have my squad pager and when it's either set off by our tones, or put on open air, I can hear ALS dispatching since we are on the same frequency. I counted that as a scanner since I like to listen to what's going on in my city because my officers tend to come to me and ask questions about things and I listen to make sure our crews don't get too retarded on the air.

Oh and sometimes I do wear my uniform out....usually when I'm on duty that night, or I go to sit in on city council meetings.

Without those two options, I am...

YOU ARE 0% WHACKER!!!

NOT AN OUNCE OF WHACKER IN YOU. A LITTLE WHACKING IS FUN, TRY IT SOMETIME!!! BUY A BLUE LIGHT, OR PUT AN EMT STICKER ON YOUR CAR. YOU NEED MORE WHACKING IN YOUR LIFE.

Edit to Add: I do also have a very makeshift first aid kit in my car....mostly 5x9, 4x4, sterile water, peroxide, and bandaids galore. I can't even begin to say how often I've used it.

Beegers, I have the same kind of kit in my car. Extra gloves too

I was talking about the kind of kit that could double for a mass casualty kit and all of you non-whackers and whackers alike know just exactly the person who I'm talking about. You all have one at your service or you are the person we are talking about.

I have to confess, When I started EMS in 1990 I got one of those kits. Made it my self. bought the bag from Galls. Then I raided my ER Store-room and supplied it with a bunch of stuff including a complete intubation kit and IV supplies. After 1 and 1/2 years of sitting in my car the fluids expired and the tubes were sort of a brown color. My mentor was looking in my trunk and he saw the kit and reamed me a new one. He said that if I ever intubated someone or started an iv on someone without being on the ambulance that I could lose my license. I wised up then and there. Took all the stuff and threw it away or in designated sharps containers.

So yes I've been a whacker but I'm a whacker no more.

We all know who we are.

I have a kit in my car that I got completely stocked. The main reason I got it is because I have kids and they are active in sports. I can not tell you how many times I have used it on them or their friends. I have a c-collar, various bandaging supplies and ointments, cold and hot packs, smelling salts, tweezers, sterile water, and a BP cuff and stethoscope. For the most part I have only used the cold packs and bandaging supplies. I have used the c-collar (got a replacement) and BP cuff once. One of the kids on my sons fifth grade football team was flipped in the air and did a head plant. Knocked out cold. The coach asked me to help so I did. When the medics showed up all they had to do was board him and go as I had collared him and gotten baseline vitals. He managed to give himself a concussion and whiplash.

0% whacker ............................oh well

We didn't guess that would happen!! :roll:

Oh and sometimes I do wear my uniform out....usually when I'm on duty that night, or I go to sit in on city council meetings.

Well, if you're on duty than wearing your uniform is a part of the job. That's like saying that I'm a wacker if I walk into Best Buy while in uniform because I'm posted there.

Also going to a city council meeting in uniform isn't wackerish if you're representing the company.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.