Response Bag

I have had a mentor for my senior project ( its a high school thing) who is in the Secret Service and he said it is a huge factor. They all get certified.
Who is "they all"? all SS or all federal agents?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least in my county, I doubt there's a single person who works 911 EMT for the money*. $8/hour (which will be minimum wage in CA next year...remember high cost of living) isn't exactly rolling in doe...if I wanted to make cash I'd work at In & Out Fast Food...it'd be a raise....or would have accepted the job offer I got at a startup that is now making millions....or just kept my old job that was much less stressful and constant fun for double what I make now.

*Exception is people who do the job as a stepping stone to other jobs who will make money. A lot of EMTs here are trying to get on with a FD and make around $100,000 starting out as a FF/Medic.

its all SS agents, but I dont know about other agencies, it could be for them to but I dont know for sure.

i appluad you on your work. It seems like alot of the profesionals up here are very snotty, and act like they dont want to be bothered with anything. Up here they start around $14.00/hr., your living in the wrong region.

But any way I assumed that if your fresh out of highschool, dont want to go to school, and need a job, EMT is a pretty good option. right? from what everyone says it sounds pretty easy to get certified.

I think the same thing is happening with the local cop occupation. My generation (young, lazy, greedy kids) think that they can go to communitty for 2 yrs, go to an academy and get an easy job as a local cop making good money, and a pension. The problem is that they are partially right.

lets end this topic here. If anyone has any advice for me im all ears.

If I could go tactical for a few years that would be great. And I know that you dont become a "hero" in that line of work, and if you disagree; how many SWAT members are praised on TV and glorified? None that I know.

Well, at least this statement suggests that you don't watch much television, which I suppose is a good thing. :D

Plus the exceptance rate is under 3%. Im looking into various Agencies because of the odds of getting selected. Including ATF, FBI, DSS, and SS. Experience like this will definatly help my chances. The number one thing he told me is to get certified in as many things as you can, get as much experience as you can, and dont lie.

Won't make a bit of difference in your application. I promise you. Not trying to discourage you from doing it. Just letting you know, it will have zero impact on your career as a federal agent. It's a three week first aid course, for crying out loud. Why the hell would the federal government be all excited about you having already taken it? It is painfully apparent that you have a completely unrealistic view of EMT training and of federal law enforcement.

Agreed, but Im not sure why I keep coming back.

Because you're a perfectionist!

You won't be satisfied with this hole you are digging until it reaches China.

You wanted advice; here it is: spell correctly, capitalize, use apostrophes, know the difference between “alot” (misspelling of “allot,” which means “to distribute”) and “a lot,” know that “your” is possessive while “you’re” is a contraction of “you are,” know that “any way” refers to one of multiple ways and “anyway” is a synonym for “anyhow,” realize that one of the reasons your (our) generation is thought of as lazy is because your (our) writing is lazy, punctuate your sentences in a not only technical, but also stylistic manner. Good written communication (different than well written communication) will get you further (an abstract distance, opposed to the physical distance described by “farther”) in a career as a federal agent than an EMT license will. Good luck.

You wanted advice; here it is: spell correctly, capitalize, use apostrophes, know the difference between “alot” (misspelling of “allot,” which means “to distribute”) and “a lot,” know that “your” is possessive while “you’re” is a contraction of “you are,” know that “any way” refers to one of multiple ways and “anyway” is a synonym for “anyhow,” realize that one of the reasons your (our) generation is thought of as lazy is because your (our) writing is lazy, punctuate your sentences in a not only technical, but also stylistic manner. Good written communication (different than well written communication) will get you further (an abstract distance, opposed to the physical distance described by “farther”) in a career as a federal agent than an EMT license will. Good luck.

Nice first post. I like it.

Shane

NREMT-P

its all SS agents, but I dont know about other agencies, it could be for them to but I dont know for sure.

i appluad you on your work. It seems like alot of the profesionals up here are very snotty, and act like they dont want to be bothered with anything. Up here they start around $14.00/hr., your living in the wrong region.

But any way I assumed that if your fresh out of highschool, dont want to go to school, and need a job, EMT is a pretty good option. right? from what everyone says it sounds pretty easy to get certified.

I think the same thing is happening with the local cop occupation. My generation (young, lazy, greedy kids) think that they can go to communitty for 2 yrs, go to an academy and get an easy job as a local cop making good money, and a pension. The problem is that they are partially right.

lets end this topic here. If anyone has any advice for me im all ears.

What area are you from and are you talking about an EMT or a paramedic salary ?

Often, I wonder about posts like this. Noob or Nottanoob. Maybe a regular user that likes to see dust get his feathers in a ruffle? All seems a little off the wall. Off the wall and over the fence.

You've said what was on my mind. I try not to be an English teacher on this forum because we all do spelling and grammar mistakes. However, constant misspellings and bad grammar shows me you're either uneducated, very young ( although even at 16, I hope you have good writing skills), or both.

Kudos to you Blue Goose. =D>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.