Cost of your EMT/Medic Class

Sounds like a good deal,my EMT-B was $400 included books CPR re-cert and EVOC. Im in EMT-P right now which is costing $2600. Those classes were through the local vo-tech and i am co-enrolled for college credit also for a discounted rate of $8 per credit hour which as you all know is REALLY CHEAP!! The best thing i can say is please go ahead with your class,there will always be a shortage of qualified medics in the US.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting ready to start at the local community college for a degree in Paramedic Science and the first class is 7 1/2 credits which is basically, EMT-B. The cost for that alone is $689 for the course and about $170 for two books. It then continues as a two-year associate's degree, so probably $4500-6000.

EMT-B class was about $1,200 through a community college. Paramedic class (which I'm starting in the fall!) is a 2-year Associate's Degree which will end up being about $4,000, with books and tests not included.

Ha... think I'm with a few others here... costs were a bit cheaper way back when (then again... so were the wages)... but our new grads are putting out roughly 20-30g's for the PCP program... and one of our medics whom took the ACP program while living at a relatives put out 20 g's for that year.

I just put up $1,200 for tuition, supplies, uniform, testing.. I will be putting up another $98 for my EVOC and i'm not sure how much my final testing will cost.. this is for EMT-B

However, our local ambulance company here gives you a sign on bonus of I think $500, so I really feel like i'm only paying $700 for school tuition. They also reimburst you for any schooling you do while employed by them. I'm hoping thats how I'll pay for medic classes.

• 2 weeks later...

EMT-B, 1987 = $175

EMT-I/D, 1991 = no cost

EMT-P, 1993 = $2500, does not include pre-reqs (A&P, Psych 101, Eng Comp 101, Speech, Chemistry) taken during the previous 6 years.

RN, 2003 = $13,000